First summer steel!

M
msteuck
Hello fellow OFFers! First post for me so i couldnt make my debut with my skunk on! Great sight with a lot of friendly people and a ton of info! I'll try to keep it semi-short, but first i'd like to throw a shout out to graphite zen for the buena-vista honey hole. I caught my first large mouth out there. About a 4#. Thanks zen! Sorry, no picture of that one. Today was a different story though. After seein combatchucks post on the s. santiam my pa and i headed over a few hours before dawn. Pa hooked up a steelie on his second cast but the chromer took flight and spit out the spinner:mad: A couple hours later i finally hook up with my first summer steel and this guy took some serious line. My reel was spinnin somethin fierce! What a rush, man that was so cool. I also caught mine on a spinner(kodiak custom fishing tackle). I however managed to bring'em to the bank and seein as how he didn't have an adipose fin, i promptly clocked him on the melon:D. 24 inches and about 10 pounds. We where at Waterloo park just below the falls. Goin again in the mornin! Tight lines to everyone!

H
Hook
Welcome to OFF, and a big congrats on the summer steelhead.

N
ninja2010
supercoolage...

thanks for the great first post. and welcome...

hope to see much more.

P
PDXKush
ninja2010 said:
supercoolage...

thanks for the great first post. and welcome...

hope to see much more.

So Ninja...I guess its just us who still have the skunk going. I'll be out there next weekend for sure.

Troutski
Troutski
Welcome to OFF...

Welcome to OFF...

Great first post, pictures and a great story. Very respectable summer fish, looks just like a bumper on a new car - nice and bright. Again welcome to the site and congratulations on the Steel...

Chuck

C
catphish
not just you Kushy

not just you Kushy

PDXKush said:
So Ninja...I guess its just us who still have the skunk going. I'll be out there next weekend for sure.

Congrats on the fishy fishy. Thats a beauty. And welcome to OFF, hell of a way to make an introduction!
I got skunked today on the Sandy :(. But it was only my first try of the summer, so my hopes are still high.

Last edited:
P
PDXKush
I'll be hitting up the clack and Sandy this week a couple times for sure. Not sure what to be using. Im thinking size 4 spinners but Do you guys have any suggestions.

M
metalmania
PDXKush said:
I'll be hitting up the clack and Sandy this week a couple times for sure. Not sure what to be using. Im thinking size 4 spinners but Do you guys have any suggestions.

Brass and pink or red are doing well. Give kodiaks spinners a try;).

F
FishSchooler
PDXKush said:

Hey... that's not true... ;)

J
Johnny Southpaw
Welcome to OFF

Welcome to OFF

Welcome to OFF and hell of a first post! I'm still a summer steelhead virgin and can't wait to have a chrome beauty like that nail a piece of hardware. Nice job!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

B
bigdog
Great way to come in to the forum. Nice job and wellcome to the forum.

C
catphish
PDXKush said:

Only saw one steel brought in at hatchery yest, on pink corky. The two nook that were banked were on #4 Blue Fox beetle lookin blk gold. and another on a chartreuse Blue Fox, guessing #4,he was down bank. When/where you headed? If not for fathers day, I be back there today.

S
salmo102
congratulationsssssss

congratulationsssssss

congratulation for the silver beauty!
Daniel

P
PDXKush
catphish said:
Only saw one steel brought in at hatchery yest, on pink corky. The two nook that were banked were on #4 Blue Fox beetle lookin blk gold. and another on a chartreuse Blue Fox, guessing #4,he was down bank. When/where you headed? If not for fathers day, I be back there today.

I'm thinking Tomorrow unless my buddy from WA comes down with his boat. I'll let you know. Peace

J
Justluck
welcome! Great looking fish -congrats!

Y
youngbuck307
FishSchooler said:
Hey... that's not true... ;)

And i have to second that.....:rolleyes:

C
chodathug
youngbuck307 said:
And i have to second that.....:rolleyes:

Third that ) :

...but not for long gonna get one of these fishy b@stards this summer if it's the last thing I do

PS. MAn I've been having some pain in my right wrist...and just realized its from the repetitive wrist movement from casting - what the hellll! I got myself an old fishin' injury now...my wife thinks this is just hilarious.
Anyone else have that same issue? Just curious

C
chodathug
...And Beauty of a fish man!! Good job

P
PDXKush
chodathug said:
Third that ) :

...but not for long gonna get one of these fishy b@stards this summer if it's the last thing I do

PS. MAn I've been having some pain in my right wrist...and just realized its from the repetitive wrist movement from casting - what the hellll! I got myself an old fishin' injury now...my wife thinks this is just hilarious.
Anyone else have that same issue? Just curious

That sucks Choda...Guess its time to do some plunking.

C
Combat Chuck
Right on!