First summer over the falls..

S
Santiam338
The count stands at ONE..And I figure on catching him too..:D He will be along in a couple weeks...;)

Reactions: FishFiddle and Admin
P
plumb2fish
He is gonna be caught by me below Leaburg Dam on a diver and shrimp on march 24th.

S
SantiamDrifter
1st of many this year. I expect the run to be around the same as last year, if not better. All depending on the Kill nettin taking place on the Big C. Hopefully we wont get blown out for a couple weeks in the peak of the season like last year.

Reactions: FishFiddle
P
Phil_Bud
Santiam338 said:
The count stands at ONE..And I figure on catching him too..:D He will be along in a couple weeks...;)[/QUOTE
Summer what?

S
skunk
Am I correct in understanding that the summers are headed for the N./S. santiam, Mckenzie and parts farther. Not the molalla?

S
SantiamDrifter
1st. He's talking about a summer steelhead. Those are our hatchery fish.

2nd. Yes, they return to the santiams. But more go up the south fork then the north.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Im ready :clap:

Reactions: Admin
C
capblack
SantiamDrifter said:
1st. He's talking about a summer steelhead. Those are our hatchery fish.

2nd. Yes, they return to the santiams. But more go up the south fork then the north.

yep, they are almost all in the south santiam, i wouldnt even waste any time on the north;)

J
JeannaJigs
Ready for springers and summer steelhead! I got cheated outta my summer fishing last year being crippled up, even went so far as to loan my boat out for a month or so, so it wasn't sitting in my driveway as a temptation to float by myself with crutches. Not this year! (I'm hoping).

Santiams are so much better to fish than the mckenzie. Mckenzie is too crowded, did a float from leaburg dam to leaburg and there were 32 boats one day. No thanks.

S
Santiam338
plumb2fish said:
He is gonna be caught by me below Leaburg Dam on a diver and shrimp on march 24th.

I am pretty sure this particular fish is headed for Sweet Home...:pray::pray::pray:

:lol:

J
JeannaJigs
You guys are gonna have to contact willamette falls about reviewing the tape of this fish, to get a proper ID.

Santiam338 said:
I am pretty sure this particular fish is headed for Sweet Home...:pray::pray::pray:

:lol:

Reactions: metalfisher76 and Admin
R
RunWithSasquatch
I think when its all said and done, Bill is gonna have us all whipped with those custom hand painted plugs...

S
skunk
:D
capblack said:
yep, they are almost all in the south santiam, i wouldnt even waste any time on the north;)

Ahhh, I got it

Reactions: metalfisher76
S
Santiam338
3 over now..Looks like my first limit is on the way..:tongue:

:whistle:

Reactions: metalfisher76
M
metalfisher76
B
beaverfan
28 total now and 12 yesterday!

P
plumb2fish
With those kind of numbers, I'm gonna have to start heading east to fish instead of heading to the coast

S
SantiamDrifter
Not too much longer till I hang a welcome home bannor on the bridge over my favorite river!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Greet them with some wood shampoo...

J
JeannaJigs
RunWithSasquatch said:
Greet them with some wood shampoo...

It's the only acceptable greeting.