First sturgeon attempt

C
Combat Chuck
Im into every fish species and finally got to target sturgeon from my boat this weekend. Ive been with guides a couple times and really wanted to try this on my own. I met up with another OFF member in StJohns and anchored nearby to check all the gear. With two shakers landed and everything working we ran down to try for a keeper in the columbia. Just going by the fish finder it was dead compared to the Willy but we wanted the chance to take one home. One shaker was all before we decided to wake up and head back to the willamette. We hit our best catching of the day to finish things off. Got one that was close to a keeper (if retention was open) and several others. After a dry steelhead season it felt good to land some fish! Everything went smooth except for the random shotgun blasts that made me crap my pants. Birdhunters right next to fisherman... :rolleyes: I can't wait to find some with more size!!!
sturg (640x480).jpg

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
lol @ the shotguns.

M
Marvin's Guide Service
There will be some good Sturgeon fishing on the Willamette when it opens. they should decide the season on Friday. Hope to see you out there.

T
Throbbit _Shane
nice job chuck!

N
nwkiller
first atempt? well CC i think saying "your hook" has a whole new meaning for you today....awesome fish

G
Geno
nice clean looking

M
Moe
Beautiful fish, great job out there! I was over there fishing right under the bridge from the bank a couple weeks ago, but didn't get nothing.

brandon4455
brandon4455
pretty fish, nicely done chuck.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
BTW Ben, don't lie. You aren't into carp or pikeminnow.

H
Hawk
Beautiful fish Bro.
:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool:

C
Combat Chuck
GraphiteZen said:
BTW Ben, don't lie. You aren't into carp or pikeminnow.

Na... Carp would be cool... and you can get paid for pikeminnow! :)

P
panderson01
Nice job for your first time out, some go and go and take forever to get results.

Nothing like doing it yourself, congrats!