First Steelie

18406ej

18406ej

Got up at 5AM and hit the Willamette at Wallace Marine Park after about 1/2 an hour I hooked into this on a 1/3 oz Cleo...23", unsure on weight. After posing for its picture it went back into the river for the rest of you.

Troutski

Troutski

Very nice...

Very nice...

Great fish - I particularly like your reel. Nice choice :clap::clap::cool:

Chuck

J

joemomma

This is going to cause an addiction ya know, with no known cure!:lol:

H

Hooked on fishin'

Beautiful fish!! Great job!:clap:

P

platteflyfisher

First Time is the Sweeeeetest

First Time is the Sweeeeetest

Congratulations, nice reward for the early riser. :clap:

C

chodathug

Nice work!!! Beauty!
-What kind of reel is that? I'm in market for a new one...Thx!

18406ej

18406ej

The reel is a Shimano Stradic 4000, of which I can say nothing but positive things. It is durable, smooth, and easy to maintain. I think prices around here are about $120-130. I also have the Shimano Symetre 4000, which starts at about $90-100, and I cannot tell the difference between the two. I only got the Stradic for my collection because I had a gift certificate, and because I had to keep up with Troutski.

I believe that if you buy one of these reels, you will never need to purchase another one due to wear and tear.

As far as the Steelhead fishing goes, I have managed to sneak back to the river every day since, but I haven't had another hookup. See lots of them jumping though.I have truly been bitten by the bug.

J

joesnuffy

Congrats on your first Steelhead.

One question though. It seems a little skinny to me. Is that the norm for that water? I'd expect a thicker fish on that side of the state.

K

Kodiak

Banned User
Congrats on your first Steelhead.

One question though. It seems a little skinny to me. Is that the norm for that water? I'd expect a thicker fish on that side of the state.

Most summer steelies over here are the skamainia strain. Some fish are deeper but most have a streamline profile like that. Certain systems do get deeper and broader fish (santiams) while others like the clack, sandy and willamette will produce longer skinnier fish.

Top Bottom