First steelhead

J

JAYDEE

Finally I got my first steelhead! I Caught it on the South Santiam on a bobber and jig. It taped 31" and weighed 10lbs.

J

joni

very nice steelhead
congrats!

C

Cohosanders

:cool::cool::cool:That is one chrome beauty:clap: Nice first steelhead for sure:D

M

mgdguy

Nice job, great fish! :clap:

Hard to tell from the pic - is that a nub or a fin? IE did you get to fillet him up? :)

J

JAYDEE

Its a nub(hatchery) if it was a native i wouldn't take it out of the water
Nice job, great fish! :clap:

Hard to tell from the pic - is that a nub or a fin? IE did you get to fillet him up? :)

B

bigdog

Good job on your first. Enjoy that feeling the rest you will get in to in the future will be a great feeling to but nothing like the way the first one feels like. Nice work out there keep it up and keep the pics coming.

CJ

F

First Bite

Way to go. You'll always remember your first steelhead. The rest is downhill from here. :clap:

F

FishAssassin

Good Job!!! Now the addiction will begin! :clap:

B

bigdog

Nice fish! I still haven't caught a Steelhead yet. Maybe I should try the bober & jig thing again.:think:

How long have you been trying for? I know a few people that have been at it for a couple years now and still haven't got one. Bobber and jig can be very affective way to get in to fish but the most affective way is the way you are more convertible with.

C

Cohosanders

convertible with.
Top down??? Cruising with the wind in your hair or converted into a steelheader from just an average joe:cool:......just kidding I know you meant comfortable...or did you:lol:

B

bigdog

:lol: yeah thats what I was going for I guess the spell checker decided convertible was a better word :lol:

C

chrishophoto

How long have you been trying for? I know a few people that have been at it for a couple years now and still haven't got one. Bobber and jig can be very affective way to get in to fish but the most affective way is the way you are more convertible with.

This is my second year trying, but no luck so far. I have the feeling I'm not sure how to read the water correctly, among other things. I spent the entire day along the Clackamas today, and still failed to get a bite.:(

B

bigdog

It takes some people a long time to get in to fish some can get in to some ina trip or two and other it takes a long time. The one thing is to never give up once you get in to your first one all the time spent to get that one will be worth it. Reading the water is hard to me, I'm still learning how to read it correctly.

Top Bottom