First Steelhead Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L
lilsalmon
Bigsteel and I spent his birthday on the river floating with Grant Scheele. Bigsteel hooked into his midmorning and I caught my native steelhead a short while after.....What a ride!!!! A beautiful day to be on the river and what a difference a drift boat makes. All in all a perfect day. yeehaw :dance:

Last edited by a moderator:
A
Anyfishisfine
A nice one at that!

O
OneMore
Sweet job guys! Second fish almost looks like a hatchry misclip? Its hard to tell from a picture but those tore up fins make me wonder. Either way good job on the catch and release! Those fish will be remembered forever. They will keep you up at night. Your lawn will always need mowed and your wife will wonder if your every going to do anything on the honey do list.

O
OnTheFly
I just love success stories!

troutdude
troutdude
Woo Hoo!!!

Woo Hoo!!!

Three cheers for Biggie and Lil...HIP HIP HOORAY!!!:yay::yay::yay::dance::dance::dance:

Way to go!!! And, on a beautiful day to boot. :clap::clap::clap:

A
adambomb
Nice job guys! I know the feeling, I landed my first winter today also!

troutdude
troutdude
Far out Adam!!! Great job man!

C
Cohosanders
OneMore said:
Sweet job guys! Second fish almost looks like a hatchry misclip? Its hard to tell from a picture but those tore up fins make me wonder. Either way good job on the catch and release! Those fish will be remembered forever. They will keep you up at night. Your lawn will always need mowed and your wife will wonder if your every going to do anything on the honey do list.

That was the first thing I thought when I saw that picture:lol: Either way great fish and congratulations getting into them beauties:clap:

T
TTFishon
:clap::clap::clap::dance: Great job!

B
bigsteel
thanks everyone,,,,,it was definitely a birthday to remember,,,,ive still got the high from catching it,,i can't stop thinkin about it....i learned way more on reading water and presentations from grant then i ever thought of.I know the one i caught he said a sealion or somethin bit the tail part way off,,,but he said the other was native...grant is an excellent guy and very intelligent at what he does,,i was amazed.....he worked hard all day getiin us into fish..i gotta say thats a lot of work when you actually are in the boat seeing how everything works.....thanks again everyone...................off to dream about my catch.......

T
Thuggin4Life
Good job you two. And a bdat fish to boot.

H
Hawk
Those sure are Reel Beauties Sis & Bro.

Great Job...

:clap::clap::clap:

:D:D:D

:cool::cool::cool:

L
lilsalmon
adambomb said:
Nice job guys! I know the feeling, I landed my first winter today also!

Yeehaw...:dance: It was a great feeling....Mine was beautiful but we wanted her back in the water, hence the hastily snapped pic....she didn't put up quite the fight that bigsteels did but it was sweet. Ready for some more. Learned a lot on the trip. Grant is excellent and had just as much if not more enthusiasm then we did getting our firsts.

Congrats to you!!!

D
dtikey
good job and will be something to always remember that you can store in the memory and pull up when ever you need a smile

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
Nice fish . A day on the river is a good day . catching steel makes it even better .

W
wormosa
nice fish bro.... makes me so jealous

B
bigdog
Good job you two I need to get my but out on the water and get in to some fish myself. Just been tied up with things around here lately. Good job though you'll remember it for years to come.

L
lilsalmon
bigdog said:
Good job you two I need to get my but out on the water and get in to some fish myself. Just been tied up with things around here lately. Good job though you'll remember it for years to come.

Thanks CJ....we will have to hit some water again soon....