First steel today

F
fheimerd
After trying unsuccesfully for several days I finally got one. Walked up to a a spot with a little soft water not unlike the many spots I've fished lately, set up a little roll cast not unlike the 1000+ casts I've made, and then...thought I had a snag...but it moved.

Last edited:
Y
youngbuck307
Way to go man and u can just sighn Ur life away now. Or should I say is just starting lol... Trust me number of days spent at home will be less from this point on

H
halibuthitman
great job... did you catch him on a ***** creek nymph? was tryin to spie the fly there in your photo. welcome to the illness-

H
halibuthitman
he he he... i was looking at your strike indicator... I see the yarn down below-

brandon4455
brandon4455
grats!

F
fheimerd
Good eye, nymph it was. The piece of "yarn" is actually a small egg pattern I was using behind a wieghted egg sucking leach. I was suprised he took the nymph because I was really just using it for wieght to get the egg pattern down. Strike indicator was also being used but you can't see it in the picture.

S
skunk
Nice job, now go slay them for the rest of the year!

B
bigsteel
nice

J
junk4jones
Sweet! Gives me hope; been flingin' flies at steel since July, with nary a strike. Need some encouragement (and probably some coaching).

That fly line looks the same color as what I saw a guy fishing from the bank at Barton yesterday (Tuesday) just up from the boat ramp. I noticed 'cause he was the only other fly guy out there. That you?

Either way, congratulations!

T
Tominor
Nice - way to go!!!

D
dan88
congrats!

C
Chrome_Chaser
Congrats on catching a steelie with a fly pole. Thats my goal for this winter.

T
Thuggin4Life
nice catch!

F
fheimerd
My goal was to get one before christmas. I was pretty sure it wasn't going to happen. Persistence.

That wasn't me at Barton...been fishing smaller water, but the wieghted fly with additional spitshot on the leader was the ticket. That and persistence.

F
fishingfreak
nice job!

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
Congrats , you have just been infected . Be aware , there is no cure for this , it only gets worse . Your wife and childern will miss you .
Good thing is , they will always know where to find you . Another good thing is that you will always have a excuse for when
you are late , or miss a important appointment . " I was at the river ! "
Its not a good excuse , but its better than . . . . awwww hell , never mind , its never worked for me any way .

Last edited: