First Steel on flyrod

L
lilsalmon
What an awesome day!!!!!! Bigsteel and I went with metalfisher of groundnpoundsteelheader and his dad, Rich. What a great trip that was. Metalfisher was great and with his knowledge of steelhead and perfect instructions I got this hawg on my 6 wt flyrod.....18 pounds of beauty...of course he is a native but it was a pleasure to send him back to the water....45 minutes to bring him in...:yay:

What a rush, my second steel and my first on my new flyrod....sweeeeet

E
eggs
Congrats!! Damon told me.. I was stoked to hear about it... congrats again! Where were you all at?

Admin
Admin
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

O
OnTheFly
Way to go Rose! I really really feel sorry for that 6wt.:D

A
Anyfishisfine
Bet that was a blast! Nice fish!

M
metalfisher76
lilsalmon said:
What an awesome day!!!!!! Bigsteel and I went with metalfisher of groundnpoundsteelheader and his dad, Rich. What a great trip that was. Metalfisher was great and with his knowledge of steelhead and perfect instructions I got this hawg on my 6 wt flyrod.....18 pounds of beauty...of course he is a native but it was a pleasure to send him back to the water....45 minutes to bring him in...:yay:

What a rush, my second steel and my first on my new flyrod....sweeeeet

REEL!! Get yer hand off that reel! REEL!:lol:
You did great Rose! Made me want to fight one on a 6wt, kinda;) It was a great day and just awesome to see that smile while fighting him and struggle to lift him, good stuff! That`s what it`s all about, the firsts!!

M
metalfisher76
I have to apologize to the feesh gawds for the net:pray: She had that thing on on a 6wt for cryin out loud!!:D

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Way to slay!!

Way to slay!!

YEEEHAAAAW!! :yay: :dance: Way to slay,Rose!! You're doing the rest of us gals proud. On a 6wt no less. :shock: That must have been like bringing Moby Dick to shore using nothing but a dart on a string. :lol: Awesome,just awesome! :clap: :clap: :clap:

B
bigdog
Great job girl that is a beast of a fish. I think I know exactly where you guys were at. Not to far from us at all.

troutdude
troutdude
CONGRATULATIONS R in Order!!!

CONGRATULATIONS R in Order!!!

Holy Toledo Batman...way to go Rose!!! :dance::clap::yay:

I'll bet that using your new 6wt. rod with that monster; was even better than that trout on my 5' foot UL Lamiglas rod!

It also "shows to go ya"...that a peep doesn't need to spend a bazillion dollars on gear either.

Oh happy day! I'll bet your still "on a buzz"!!! :clap::clap::clap::yay::yay::yay:

B
bigsteel
yes what an awesome day........a lot of hookups and a lot of fun......i learned more in one day from metalfisher then i have since i started...he definitely has steelhead dialed in..i can't wait to do it again...he worked his butt off and has great ambition,,,,,i think he had just as much fun watchin us hookup then anything....

if your wantin to learn steelhead then get a hold of damon,,,hes got it figured out....

thanks so much for the great day bro I can't wait to do it again.......

L
lilsalmon
Thanks everyone....it was the best high I have had in a long time!!!!! :D What bigsteel failed to mention it that he had one on and fought it for a bit but it got away.....He did great too but I thought he would post that.....It was a great day for all of us and yes, Damon did an excellent job. Now I have to go and stare at the pic for a bit......:lol: :lol: :lol:

C
Cohosanders
:clap:Nice looking beast...and on the fly rod to boot:D Looks like an awesome day had by all:D

T
Thuggin4Life
Way to go thats a nice looking hog you got there.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Good job. i bet your still high :D lol

L
lilsalmon
Throbbit _Shane said:
Good job. i bet your still high :D lol

Yessssssss....:D

M
Mike123
metalfisher76 said:
I have to apologize to the feesh gawds for the net:pray: She had that thing on on a 6wt for cryin out loud!!:D

Holy cow! That's a piggy for a 6wt! Nice job!