First salmon of the fall!

EOBOY
EOBOY
I had made a res. with Tanner for later in the week, but he text me last night and ask me to join him with a single this morning and I said why not. We hit the river this morning and had another Tanner day. Banner/Tanner ; get it? OK, corny joke. Don't ask me where! Tanner made us cover our eye's. He wouldn't even let us see the bait!
The bite was short and sweet maybe about 2 1/2 hours. Sam had the hot rod right OFF the bat. Seemed like every time he chuck that bait out there some thing grabbed it. he started with a nice fat Jack, and followed that with a nice Ho, then another Jack. By this time I'm thinking, WHAT! Then two guy's in a boat behind us pull in a couple of nice one's. Now I'm really starting to sweat. Tanner started mumbling something about I better get with the show. So I hooked the biggest sucker that ever came out of that river. Things were looking up. Then I managed to hook a so so Pike Minnow, so much for things looking up. So once again I watched my bobber float almost out of site and decided if it went any further I wouldn't be able to see it. Started reeling it in and, surprise fish on!

By that time we had 1 short of a limit. We fished hard the rest of the day with no luck until the proverbial last cast. The last drift I gave Tanner his wish! We limited out.

Dang good day and a good start to Salmon season.

O
OnTheDrop
image.jpg

Good day my friend, as usual.... Now go fix your phone so I don't have to post your glory shots.

:thumb:

Last edited:
S
sapo
Awesome!

B
BaldTexan
Gotta love tagging out on the last drift!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
BaldTexan said:

or getting the first fish of the day on that last stubborn trolling run or cast....

EOBOY
EOBOY
BaldTexan said:

Yes and it was my first time using a Kwik fish. Just at the very end of the drift. So it was epic.

jamisonace
jamisonace
It's just too bad that salmon don't hit kwikfish very hard.

EOBOY said:
Yes and it was my first time using a Kwik fish. Just at the very end of the drift. So it was epic.

E
Eoughphily
jamisonace said:
It's just too bad that salmon don't hit kwikfish very hard.

What do they usually hit hard on?