First Rogue Springer

E
eat, sleep, fish
Looks like it was down at Rainie Falls.

Let the madness begin :cool:

C
colbypearson
32" and 18lbs is that legit? seems like a big over estimate to me...

Last edited:
D
Drew9870
Salmon always look heavier than they actually are, what would look like a 20lb fish can actually be a 12-14lb.

Other than that, all these early reports are getting me pumped!

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
Drew9870 said:
Ya, Salmon always look heavier than they actually are, what would look like a 20lb fish can actually be a 12-14lb.

32" and roughly 18lbs i dont think it was a salmon musta been a -STEEL- head if it weighed that much and was that long haha

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
It's hard to gauge the size of a fish from a picture. A big guy is going to make a fish look way smaller than a skinny 5' tall guy. Just saying. A friend of mine got a 40 pounder last year and it looked like a 20 pounder. Either way...springers are in all over the state

C
colbypearson
JeannaJigs said:
It's hard to gauge the size of a fish from a picture. A big guy is going to make a fish look way smaller than a skinny 5' tall guy. Just saying. A friend of mine got a 40 pounder last year and it looked like a 20 pounder. Either way...springers are in all over the state

ya i get what you mean but 32" just seems short, its no big deal :)

J
JeannaJigs
Hmm that's pretty average for springers up here.

C
colbypearson
JeannaJigs said:
Hmm that's pretty average for springers up here.

ok good to know, i plan on targeting them for my first time this year

E
eat, sleep, fish
At 32" it should be around 13-14 lbs according to calculators. With a larger than normal girth it could gain a few lbs, but 18lbs is probably just wishful thinking. Without knowing the actual girth though it's hard to say.

B
bigsteel
JeannaJigs said:

thats why all my trout look smaller:lol:

M
Mad dog
Springers....I'm ready!!! I am begining to tire of winter steelhead fishing!

Any guess's on the weight of this springer?
06salmon052.jpg

T
Throbbit _Shane
18? :d

T
todd
22lb

M
Mad dog
todd said:

DING,DING,DING....We have a winner!!!:dance:

Very good! 22 lbs on the nose!

P
Phil_Bud
colbypearson said:
32" and 18lbs is that legit? seems like a big over estimate to me...
That's legit bro...I'd call that sumwhere inbetween 15 and 18 pounds. Remember Salmon migrating from the ocean to the rivers aren't lake fish...They're one of the strongest creatures Ive ever came in contact with....not saying lake fish aren't awesome game fish. But the King Salmon is the ultimate example of brute force. I know u've caught a Coho but you ever hooked into a King? If not...and if you're interested... PM me bout goin on a trip with me and todd this spring.

P
Phil_Bud
Mad dog said:
DING,DING,DING....We have a winner!!!:dance:

Very good! 22 lbs on the nose!
Nice Todd lol

D
david555dc
nice fish

T
the salmon kid
yes!!!! FINALLY!!!! the greatest news EVER!! i cannot wait to go down there and try my luck for those!!
i will try to go down there this Saturday and if i get one i will make a vid of it

the salmon kid.,.is ready to get some

and phil whenever you want to go salmon fishing in your boat give me a call or pm i will be there in a heartbeat