First nookie of the fall...

S
Swamp Puppy
finally got the boat bloody with the first fall nookie of the year. nice hatchery hen. biggest salmon i have caught on the river to date.

hit like wimp..almost didn't notice the strike. just a little tap tap....tap tap....tap tap.... i picked up the rod and held it waiting for it to load up and it never did. after the second series of taps while in my hand i hauled back and let her have it. she woke right up then. lol.

pics.

me n my feeeshy

edsalmon.jpg

and yes...this is actually what i caught it on. lol.

nautisalmon2.jpg

nautisalmon.jpg

and it cut nice too. it was as bright as any springer i've caught. a nice bonus for a fall fish

dinner.jpg

and as an added bonus.... bait!

salmoneggs.jpg

i am supposed to be fishing a derby right now, but the wind flat blew me out. couldn't even get the old war wagon sled out into the main river without fearing for my life. and that ain't no exageration.

going to go down and check it out here again in about an hour...hope the wind lays down for us.

:pray:

R
rippin fish lips
nice fish! :D and good luck!

T
Thuggin4Life
nice fish man! didn't take long to get that new broke in. not sure what you mean by the fall fish thing ussually you target fallies fresh from the sea bright as ever. last 2 fallies we boated still had sea lice. great lookin lure were do i get one? you get that in a hog line?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Way to go out there! Keepin' it fresh and tasty!

F
fishingfreak
:dance::clap::clap:Nice fish! Good Job Man!

FF

S
SALTYFISH
:clap:beautiful fish :clap:

F
fishndad
she's a beaut

B
BobbiDollPDX
Woot woot!

N
nwkiller
yeah way to wack them

W
waco
Nice!!!

B
BearlyAwake
Yeah way to go Swamp!!!! We went through the WORST DAY EVER on the river saturday for the derby....Stay tuned for a posted thread on just how bad things can get....and when they do how the "snowball-effect" can occur....
I think I recognize that lure as ones sold at Extreme Marine in Scappoose???? That Deb rocks....
You keep catchin them like this and fill that freezer man!!!!!

Mac