First nook for me finally can u believe that

Y
youngbuck307
So Sat I set out on a quest... I had to get a nook when my buddy CJ joined me I told him I wouldnt give up until I got one to the bank... He asked if I brought my tent lol. We started on high clack and for some reason couldnt touch a fish or evan get a sight of a roller.... His time to go home came and I got a hair up my butt and took off in my car to find some fish....

First hole I hit nothing.... first cast second hole get nailed.... big buck.... bull doggs me and just holds his own in some heavy water... tryed to make a run up river onece but put a stop to that real quick.... so now he is turned down river. Not a good idea! was only a small hole with a nice rapid at the tail. He got to the white water used it to help him and i start the running down the bank slipping over rocks getting smacked by trees whole 9 yards. Would of been funny to watch. I get towrd the bottom of the run and i see a tree hanging over the water. Lets just say the fish wouldnt stop and i couldnt get around safe enough to keep going.... game over had to snap a fish off that was hooked.....

go back up retie my stuff make one more cast befor i move and wham fish on.... Crap keep the fish in the hole keep the fish in the hole. all i can say to myself. with a please run up river please please please... idea was to let him go up and get away from the tree... didn't happen that way he stays in the hole for first 2 min maybe then starts to take me down slowly.... I had the breaks on...12lb line rod only rated for 8-12 (dont have a reel for salmon rod yet) rod bent almost in half line i know is about to break (12lb max holds more like 15 i think) but he still is going down... but now he is making his way to the banks somewhat... he turns and makes a run right for the bank..... almost beached himself... I start reeling like crazy running for the fish he is onle 40 ft above the tree.... Dont make it in time he flops back in and heads down..

Now for some reason my dad told me one time that fish fight so much because they have something pulling them a way they dont want to go not so much that the hook hurts there lip..... I flip my bail... fish runs maybe 20 ft down to other side of the tree and stops.... now the fish isn't running down stream i can pick my way through the tree and make my way down river safely. I do so and pick up the fight.. By this time i have such a rush of running down the bank i start to feel sick to my stomac, and start dry heaving lol.

Not to bad for my first nook, got her drifting eggs

Then comes fathers day... It was really hard but got through it... didn't really do much everything I tried didn't happen... So called my boss and took monday off... Go up to where i hook my first nook and had to hunt for a lil while but it way payed off thats for sure!

first fish forgot to take a pic of it so put the rod i got it on down by it... bobber and egg/shrimp combo

second fish sorry bad pic it was taken with my phone

Then came up with 3rd!!! dont ask why I keep fishing... maybe the fact first 2 were in first 2 hours and wanted to fish more.... well took me all day to come up with this bad boy

shhh girl didn't know fish was suppose to look chrome in the pic lol

better pic of that fish

Think i need a bigger knife.. hard to cut that big boy!

So Sat I set out on a quest... I had to get a nook when my buddy CJ joined me I told him I wouldnt give up until I got one to the bank... He asked if I brought my tent lol. We started on high clack and for some reason couldnt touch a fish or evan get a sight of a roller.... His time to go home came and I got a hair up my butt and took off in my car to find some fish....

First hole I hit nothing.... first cast second hole get nailed.... big buck.... bull doggs me and just holds his own in some heavy water... tryed to make a run up river onece but put a stop to that real quick.... so now he is turned down river. Not a good idea! was only a small hole with a nice rapid at the tail. He got to the white water used it to help him and i start the running down the bank slipping over rocks getting smacked by trees whole 9 yards. Would of been funny to watch. I get towrd the bottom of the run and i see a tree hanging over the water. Lets just say the fish wouldnt stop and i couldnt get around safe enough to keep going.... game over had to snap a fish off that was hooked.....

go back up retie my stuff make one more cast befor i move and wham fish on.... Crap keep the fish in the hole keep the fish in the hole. all i can say to myself. with a please run up river please please please... idea was to let him go up and get away from the tree... didn't happen that way he stays in the hole for first 2 min maybe then starts to take me down slowly.... I had the breaks on...12lb line rod only rated for 8-12 (dont have a reel for salmon rod yet) rod bent almost in half line i know is about to break (12lb max holds more like 15 i think) but he still is going down... but now he is making his way to the banks somewhat... he turns and makes a run right for the bank..... almost beached himself... I start reeling like crazy running for the fish he is onle 40 ft above the tree.... Dont make it in time he flops back in and heads down..

Now for some reason my dad told me one time that fish fight so much because they have something pulling them a way they dont want to go not so much that the hook hurts there lip..... I flip my bail... fish runs maybe 20 ft down to other side of the tree and stops.... now the fish isn't running down stream i can pick my way through the tree and make my way down river safely. I do so and pick up the fight.. By this time i have such a rush of running down the bank i start to feel sick to my stomac, and start dry heaving lol.

Not to bad for my first nook, got her drifting eggs

Then comes fathers day... It was really hard but got through it... didn't really do much everything I tried didn't happen... So called my boss and took monday off... Go up to where i hook my first nook and had to hunt for a lil while but it way payed off thats for sure!

first fish forgot to take a pic of it so put the rod i got it on down by it... bobber and egg/shrimp combo

second fish sorry bad pic it was taken with my phone

Then came up with 3rd!!! dont ask why I keep fishing... maybe the fact first 2 were in first 2 hours and wanted to fish more.... well took me all day to come up with this bad boy

shhh girl didn't know fish was suppose to look chrome in the pic lol

better pic of that fish

Think i need a bigger knife.. hard to cut that big boy!

P.S I know second fish is out of the water but was only for a second had phone ready and had to take him out the water to get the hook out anyway so snapped a quick on he is still out there for you guys

E
eggs
Double, single post and no pics?? Or am I going crazy??

C
Cohosanders
Sweet story youngbuck...glad you got into some fish. Cannot wait to see the picture.

troutdude
troutdude
eggs said:
Double, single post and no pics?? Or am I going crazy??

Ummm...that's what my peepers see too.

Oh well, what a GREAT story!!! I had not ever thought about flippin my bail open like that, to work around that tree. Holy Toledo...way to go!!!

A
autofisher
Glad to hear you got into some bro. Can't wait to see the pics.

Y
youngbuck307
I just seen it posted the story twice and both the pics sorry tried to do it from my iPhone and wrote and posted it on a another forum copy and past
didn't work

first nook a9e75a1b.jpg

7e012892.jpg first mon

7a263f2f.jpg second mon

3d807f88.jpg 3rd mon

93516c28.jpg

02e61c72.jpg

S
steelhead1
Woot!

L
lilsalmon
great job...beautiful

S
Snagger
Some nice fish right there. Good job

T
the_intimidator03
I got to say that outta make your dad proud of ya. Good job with those fish... we are thinking of you as well hope it all goes well

B
bigsteel
way to go bro,,,those look great

A
autofisher
Right on brotha man!! Those are some good lookin footballs.

M
metalfisher76
Kill`t`em!! Noyce!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:clap: Way to hunt 'em down,Tom!! Your bbq is gonna get a workout this summer,for sure! :D

C
Cohosanders
Nice Nooks Bro:D I have yet to bank a nook myself. We need to get out together again someday. Those are some beautiful fish.:clap:

B
BlackBass
Nice fish way to get r done I told you that the next time you hook up a fish maybe you would have some help from your dad in heaven. Sounds like you needed all the help and luck for a few of those fish. Good work man

E
eggs
Tom seriously stop taking pics of my fish :D haha

nice job man!

M
mgdguy
Woohoo!! :clap:

Y
youngbuck307
Lol hey eggs when I send pics to my girl the first words are never "is that your buddys fish" lol jk and hey I got to get pics on my phone some how

M
metalmania
Hey bro way to go, those are some nice lookin feeshies:D