N. Santiam Steelhead Trip below Shelburn boat ramp!

R
RiverRunner
I was searching the Internet for a river level site that I had lost when I ran into this forum. I have been floating the N. Santiam in my Drift Boat since 1993 and thought it would be fun to join in.This is my very first post and was also my first float of 2010. We floated from Stayton to Buell Miller (Shelburn), and although the water was a little high, (4.7) we had a good time.

We mainly flipped lures and sand shrimp and although the trout were very active, the Steelhead were not, however, we did manage to catch and release one native Steelhead. From the signs posted at the Stayton & Shelburn boat ramps, it appears there's dangerous and unnavigable water below the Shelburn boat ramp, so if you're planning a trip from Shelburn to Greens Bridge in the near future, you're going to be disappointed.

T
Thuggin4Life
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a great day on the water. i am sure someone will appriciate the heads up.

B
bigsteel
good to have you on the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!n santiam is my favorite river

P
Polebender
Thanks for the info. RiverRunner

K
Kodiak
The side channels at shelburn filled in andthe log jam grew again....I love that strech..it has given up so many steelhead and springers tome it's rediculos.....I guess it's time to break out the chain saw and take a float::):