First Mini Bass of the year.

B
Bass Ackwards
Went to check out Minto brown Park for the first time yesterday. It looked like some prime bass water. I saw about four big fish jumping. I think they were carp. There also was a lot of minnows swimming in the shallows. I was surprised to see that already. Anyways I threw out a panther martin for about 15 mins. and was surprised to catch 2 little bass.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Iv seen some nice bass pulled out of the local expo ponds here in medford. This past week, all this sun must be doing good :)

R
ryan808
I went there last Saturday and I pulled this out of there.

B
Bass Ackwards
ryan808 said:
I went there last Saturday and I pulled this out of there.

WOW!! Nice fish.... What were you using if you don't mind me asking.

F
Finneus Polebender
Seems to be a cool spot heck with little at least your gettin them. Will be out after my first hook up of the season minyana weather permitting.

B
Bass Ackwards
Finneus Polebender said:
Seems to be a cool spot heck with little at least your gettin them. Will be out after my first hook up of the season minyana weather permitting.
Shoot, I remember last year you had a post like every day with more bass you had caught.. The thread was like 20 pages long. Good luck tomorrow. I think i'm goin out saturday. It's supposed to be like 65 degrees

F
Finneus Polebender
Bass Ackwards said:
Shoot, I remember last year you had a post like every day with more bass you had caught.. The thread was like 20 pages long. Good luck tomorrow. I think i'm goin out saturday. It's supposed to be like 65 degrees

Its early ,all about getting past the first one. maybe the slow start will reward my persiverance with a large polebender for my first photo op of the year . Always the optimist ya know. Sat would be good too am hoping to do the lookout think if things work out .So will prob miss sat mornin , should be able to pull a double and hit delta or some where close to home sat eve for the late bite

R
ryan808
I used a 1/4 ounce jig and a paca trailer.

B
Bass Ackwards
ryan808 said:
I used a 1/4 ounce jig and a paca trailer.

Sweet!! Thanx man

R
ryan808
Heading out there again tomorrow, I just wrapped a new RX8 blank and iching to see how it does.

S
skunk
Where in minto are you? Is it a pond or part of the willamette? thanks

R
ryan808
Its at Minto Brown park, not on the Willy its a pond adjacent to it.

B
Bass Ackwards
ryan808 said:
Heading out there again tomorrow, I just wrapped a new RX8 blank and iching to see how it does.

Did you have any luck on Saturday?? I went down to bond butte pond south of brownsville. Tried catching bass for a while......Nothin, but there was a lot of fish hittin the topwater turned out to be bluegill. Looks like a good bass spot though.

T
Throbbit _Shane
I caught a couple small bass on a spinner saturday. Also caught a ton of bluegill and little trout, also a couple crappie. Fished Medco Pond for the first time only used spinners :)

BTW. What spinners do you reccomend for bass?

R
ryan808
No luck at Minto, the weather probably threw the fish off thier game, or so my excuse.

B
Bass Ackwards
Throbbit _Shane said:
I caught a couple small bass on a spinner saturday. Also caught a ton of bluegill and little trout, also a couple crappie. Fished Medco Pond for the first time only used spinners :)

BTW. What spinners do you reccomend for bass?
I googled Medco pond. I wish I was closer. It's awesome when you can catch so many different fish in one day. Sounds like an sweet spot.

B
Bass Ackwards
ryan808 said:
No luck at Minto, the weather probably threw the fish off thier game, or so my excuse.

BUMMER!! definitely must be the weather...hahahaha. Probably is though.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Bass Ackwards said:
I googled Medco pond. I wish I was closer. It's awesome when you can catch so many different fish in one day. Sounds like an sweet spot.

Yeah it was a great day of fishing. Medco Pond is near Prospect oregon, quite aways from albany lol but if your down south i can show you. I have a thread in the SW section with pictures.

R
ryan808
Medco looks like bass heaven, fishing must be good its a like a drive and a half just to get there.

B
Bass Ackwards
Throbbit _Shane said:
Yeah it was a great day of fishing. Medco Pond is near Prospect oregon, quite aways from albany lol but if your down south i can show you. I have a thread in the SW section with pictures.

Thanks for the offer. Might have to take you up on that. Just got to make sure i can get away from the ol lady for a lil bit.