First keeper and then some

Y
youngbuck307
So Friday went out to my normal hole. No one around for few hours then few people showed up. By that time I had hooked and landed some shakers. After about 30 min guy hooks into a oversize that just messes the guy up and breakes him off, think his line was cut on the underwater shelf in are hole. Rain just starts dumping buckets and everyone takes off. I stick through It and it switched over to a norml to light rain after that. I look down and it's 5 so I should be leaving but I bring my stuff in rebait and toss it out. Start packing my stuff when I turn to look at my rod... It just slowly is loading up more... And more And more think it's going to go in so I run grab it set the hook... Fish on baby a nice 39in fish. It was clean and sharp so got to meet the end of my knife.

d7807927.jpg

Ps more to come from saterday....

Reactions: bigsteel and skunk
M
metalfisher76
Better! Noyce dinosaurs bro!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice Fish! Way to tick it out.

N
nwkiller
nice picture

M
Moe
NIce fish!

S
skunk
Cool fish!

O
OnTheFly
Nice one Tom but don't change your avatar!

C
ChezJfrey
OnTheFly said:

No joke! That one in the avatar is PHAT! :)

B
bigsteel
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Y
youngbuck307
So next day fishing freak hit me up asking what I was doing.... Going for sturgeon for probably last time this year for keepers.... He tells me he is free to come pick him up. I like his company (most the time ;) lol) so I turn around and head that way. Pick him up and we go get bait food and up being on the river almost hourand half latter than I wanted to be... We get there and 3 guys in the hole, and only one shaker landed all am.. Crap o well I cast where I can and set my rod in my Y
stick... Turn around to help FF bait up being he don't sturgeon fish much yet. He get set and walks over to cast and I turn to see my rod get rocked once good. Ha ask if he should wait to cast? No ur good probably be a while befor he takes it... Zzzzing he cast out, look at my rod to see WHAM WHAM WHAM I bend down and set... I normaly have line tight enough I can feel the fish first part of the hook set. This time I feel my braid going through my slider 90% of the way up on the hook set. I reel down like a mad man to set and hear that slight pull of drag and headshakes fish on baby!!!!!
Could feel him and line hitting the shelf whole way up... Means
keeper size fish..... Get it up and is a thin 44in fish... Clean and sharp so gets bleed out. Hooked so deep couldn't see the 5/0. Tag it and get back in the water for C&R or going to hand it off to FF if it feels good... Few hours latter after few shakers hook another good fish just didn't know it till got to top of the water came in like a shaker... Seen daylight and went nuts...FF get nice fat 39 1/2

f49ca078.jpg

we had time to kill so keep fishing few hours latter hook really good fish I can't gain on for good 15 min once I do he gets me wrapped on a rock. A least what I think he could take line if I let most drag off and I could reel in to a point just not past it... Line broke in the end after trying to get it free.

Last edited:
Y
youngbuck307
OnTheFly said:

First big fish of my life thanks to Alan! Got to love that first fish smile baby

M
Markcanby
OnTheFly said:

He can change it to that pic of him in Bigdogs waders. That pic is priceless

Y
youngbuck307
Hay them were my waders... There only larges have to get them because otherwise leg part isn't long enough in cheap waders.... But hahaha laugh it up lol we all know I'm the real thuggan