First Fish on a Jig!

T
Thuggin4Life
Got invited to float the Siuslaw saturday and practice my jig fishing skills. Floated from whitaker to wild cat(twice). Did it with a bike and Kiska loved the 2 mile run(twice). Lost 3 floats and a few more jigs. Found a stalkers jig and decided to redecorate the river bottom with it. Not too many boats out. Bumped into salmonhungry on the first float and an unknown member the second time. And maybe plumb2fish on the roadside? Finally got a fish on a jig! And it was a very nice day out on the water. A special thanks to Jeanna's Guide Service or I wouldn't have got the fish of a lifetime and instead of enjoying time on the water I would have been playing video games all day.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Its fun when that float goes down even if its a little undersized steelhead. ;) That water looks perfect, I know most think its to low but my best days have been there when the water is about that height. Good job, just think that fish could have easily been a steelhead, they like to hang in the same areas!

C
Cohosanders
Nice fish, nice dog and nice report. They seem to be loving them white jigs lately. Gotta get down to the slaw again soon. Great looking day on the river for you guys too!!!!! way 2 Go

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Thanks

Thanks

Thank you for sharing the pics and the report,Andy. Now I know I'm not the only one who seems to find the midget steels. :rolleyes: Being out on the water with Jeanna and Kiska is a million times more fun than being inside with video games keeping you company. Way to go! :clap:

B
bigsteel
way to go andy........no more plunkin for you

J
JeannaJigs
Was at least a nice day lol. I'm hoping there will be one more push of fish this next week when it comes back up a bit. If not, it's springer time.

T
Thuggin4Life
bigsteel said:
way to go andy........no more plunkin for you

Oh no I am still a plunker but i also drift and i hate drifting so float fishing will be my new alterative to drifting. And i only plunk for winters and i have a summer run right here in my backyard on several systems.

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
JeannaJigs said:
Was at least a nice day lol. I'm hoping there will be one more push of fish this next week when it comes back up a bit. If not, it's springer time.

Did some body say springers ? By the way thugger , I dont know how you could hold that fish up long enough for someone to get a pic of it . You are a stalion .

T
Thuggin4Life
I know my arm was getting sore. To bad it was a native or I could have filled my smoker!