First fish for the boat, and it's......

T
Toyracer38
My friend twisted my arm, wanting me to take the boat out for some steelhead fishing. He had heard they are doing well on the Washington side of the Columbia. So we anchored up just below Kalama. I was sticking with what I know. spin n glo & shrimp. He was using a wiggle wart. I had a few hits, but only hooked this guy. Not what I was expecting, but he's big!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Better then catching nothing.

T
Toyracer38
I'm not complaining :) It fought hard. I thought I had maybe a Jack Chinook on.

C
cowboysfan
never know what lurks beneath, nice big fish though.

J
JeannaJigs
Funny lookin steelhead

W
waco
Throbbit _Shane said:
Better then catching nothing.

Don't know about that! :lol:
Nice fish tho

T
Toyracer38
Yep not what I was after. lol I'm new to boating. Only fishing from a boat I've done is Sturgeon with friends and a couple charter trips into the ocean. Feel like a small fish in a huge pond! I will get it figured out. Talk about never knowing what lurks below! Getting into shallow water on the Columbia is a little riskier than I like. Tons of pilings along the shallows and who knows how many submerged one's! Just gonna take some time to figure out where and how to fish them, but I will find them! :D

R
Roolinghills
That's awesome! I caught my largest bass on a Spin n' Glo & prawn on the Columbia... definitely better than nothing on the line! And yours makes for a cool picture anyway!

bass
bass
I think the way to think about this is that anyone can catch a steelhead on a spin'n'glo but it takes real skill to nab a carp. Good job, I am sure you had a pretty good fight on your hands.