First Ever Tuna Trip 8-24-09

F
fishinmachine
I went out on my long anticipated first ever tuna trip on Monday. HOLY COW! Had to have been one of the best fishing trips I have ever been on in the ocean. We went 42 miles West of Depot bay to slay the
mighty albacore. This was one of the best fishing trips I, and the other 3 guys have ever been on. The ride out was a bit bumpy but comfy and fast. The boat we were on is one mean wave crashing fishin machine! Our captain was great and put us on fish and kept us informed as to what was going on and why we were doing what we were doing. I have to say that casting swim baits into feeding and jumping tuna is a blast. Having never caught a tuna before, I under estimated the horsepower involved in the fight. That being said...I can't wait to go again. We put 22 fish in the boat including one Blue fin. To add to the 22 fish, we saw a couple sharks, a few sun fish, and on the way out there were whales spouting. Again this was a great trip and can't wait to get out again. i tried to post pics but its not working right now.
later,
fishin'

V
vudo
You went out with Mike (Nalu Charters)?

M
madoc
Wow, 22 between four of you?

I want on this boat.

N
ninja2010
sah-weeeeet! those footballs can really strip ya and kick ya.

you had a good captain - good job.

F
fishinmachine
yup

yup

Super fish to catch for sure.

O
osmosis
Sounds like a great day. non stop, super hard fighting fish - how can you beat that! Oh yeah, eating them!

F
fishinmachine
re

re

Yeah eating them is great. I brushed loin chunks with olive oil, covered with pepper and sesame seeds, then seared for about 20 seconds on each side. Dip in wasabi and soy...mmmm tasty. and yes it was Mike with Nalu Charters who took us out. That guys knows how to catch tuna for sure. Great boat too.