First ever salmon

jamisonace
jamisonace
She wasn't pretty and she didn't go home with him but she was his first and that's always something special.

Until this day, my boss had gone fishing two times. Both times were with me for bass on the Umpqua. He caught dozens of fish each time and thoroughly enjoyed it but I always wanted to get him a salmon.

Unfortunately, on this day the fishing was tough. We had one bite before this that didn't stick. User error for sure but it was his first salmon bite ever so I couldn't be too hard on him. Second bite stuck from the start and he did a great job playing it to the boat. It's amazing how it works out when you have that rare person who actually follows directions.

We got a quick pic and sent her on her way.

Reactions: smadden, O. mykiss, Admin and 2 others
troutdude
troutdude
Well done Jedi Master!

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
That's great you always remember the first one. I took my youngest daughter to the Coos yesterday and she caught her first salmon.

Reactions: jamisonace
jamisonace
jamisonace
Bo Peep said:
That's great you always remember the first one. I took my youngest daughter to the Coos yesterday and she caught her first salmon.
I hear the coos is fishing well right now. My sled has been down for 4 months so I haven't done any trolling this year.