First drift fish...first limit!

J
Justluck
Went out to McIver this mornin and caught my first fish off of the drift-yes...finally! Shortly after, I hook another one but lost it. Ten minutes later
I hit another and was able to land it and limit. What a day! I found the fish off the drift to be a lot more fun to land than the fish I've caught by bobber in hole.
I'm still never quite sure if I have a fish or the river rocks have me until it starts pulling away-so its always a thrill when you feel it on.

C
chodathug
Nice Work man!!!!!

F
fisch
Dog?

Dog?

Is this at Dog? How early was the bite? What where you drifting? How many people?

F
FishSchooler
Jeez, that seemed easy!
Care to share info? :pray:;)
Due to lack of my knowledge of fishin holes... where's dog creek?

M
mgdguy
good work! :clap: :clap:

C
chodathug
FishSchooler said:
Jeez, that seemed easy!
Care to share info? :pray:;)
Due to lack of my knowledge of fishin holes... where's dog creek?

Hey bro, it's a little below the upper boat launch at McIver park..

J
Justluck
yea thats at dog, there were about 12-15 there this morning, I was in the middle of the drift and had to walk them all in past everyone lol-fiesty fish!
Was using 1/O hook for first catch, but discovered thats why I keep snagging hooks. Need to go light with #4 hook. I used orange corky and white yarn to hook first 2, and a pink corky for the third fish. I lost my lead after first fish but at same time realed in someones lost slinky-which seemed to work just fine.

K
koboabe
Congrats man, I have yet to catch a fish in that drift or in the creek hole.

is the fish on the left a nate, or just a partial fin?

Y
youngbuck307
dont think i could ever fish with that many people...maybe its just just me but i dont like it, or maybe i dont play well with other...

M
mgdguy
youngbuck307 said:
dont think i could ever fish with that many people...maybe its just just me but i dont like it, or maybe i dont play well with other...

That's why I don't care for going up there either... :(

J
joesnuffy
combat fishing sucks, i go so I can get away from people......

nice fish

J
Justluck
koboabe said:
Congrats man, I have yet to catch a fish in that drift or in the creek hole.

is the fish on the left a nate, or just a partial fin?

partial fin-almost every steely in there is hatchery says the guy that works there.

M
metalmania
Combat fishing is the worst, but when your hooking fish it makes it worth it. Congrats on the fishies man, can't beat a quick limit:clap:.

N
ninja2010
wow! great job man... that's really how to git 'er done. :D