First Coho

G
GMR
Started the day with Modest Man, FishFreak and Imfishing up at Cedar Creek..
A couple hours later the *swish* sounds were like Nails on a chalkboard to me..
It got to the point that is was more stressfull than fun there.
Imfishing had to head off to work so the 3 of us headed down river.
where we found some nice peace and Quiet. And a whole place without anyone around to cast Spinners and shortly after getting there I got....
10-112010Coho018.jpg

It was good way to end a day.. Poor Hen put her mouth right over the treble hook, closed down and Stapled her mouth shut. Had all 3 points nicely set.

Kevin is a scholar, Scary as it is he kept the mood light and kept that "chalk board"
ear piercing noises tollerable. He is a hoot.
Although I think hes training himself to carry bodys out with the amount of Gear he had on his back....
Crossing streams and hiking around with Fishfreak and Modest man made my day.
Good times. Looking foward to the next outing

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
What a great way to spend the day! Congrats to you on your first Coho.

B
BobbiDollPDX
GMR said:
Started the day with Modest Man, FishFreak and Imfishing up at Cedar Creek..
A couple hours later the *swish* sounds were like Nails on a chalkboard to me..
It got to the point that is was more stressfull than fun there.

Yeah, nothing like watching a bunch of guys whiffing it till they manage to snag something.

Congrats on your fish and props on doing it the right way.

G
GMR
BobbiDollPDX said:
Yeah, nothing like watching a bunch of guys whiffing it till they manage to snag something.

Congrats on your fish and props on doing it the right way.

The guy next to us hooked 11-12 while we were there.
Not one was hooked in the mouth...

R
rippin fish lips
congrats on your fist coho! she looks yummyyyyy

M
Modest_Man
GMR said:

You forgot the one that he hooked in the mouth, and then was so excited that he forgot to check for the fin and had it up on the rocks by the gills when he noticed it was a native...

B
BobbiDollPDX
GMR said:

When all else fails.... hook em in the tail! <said very sarcastically>

G
GMR
Modest_Man said:
You forgot the one that he hooked in the mouth, and then was so excited that he forgot to check for the fin and had it up on the rocks by the gills when he noticed it was a native...

It technicly wasn't in the mouth eather.. About 1/2 inch behind it.. But yeah....
At least thats how I remember it.

F
fishingfreak
It was under his Jaw not even close! He just kept saying how it bit and was in the mouth to convince himself and everyone else he was doing the right thing. I felt my rig go over so many fish but I would not set the hook until I feel that bite! I just keep doing the right thing and they will eventually end up getting caught. Notice IM and I were the only ones using beads and secret sauce and where actually getting bites and not air whiffing all morning. Sheeesh I still have nightmares of that sound. WHOOSH REEL REEL REEL(12' leader) FISH ON! 1 minute later AH ITS IN THE ARSE! Just think how the fish feel. It was a good time watching you get your first Coho though. That was an Awesome Hookset. The Ho had no chance.lol

FF

F
fishingfreak
GMR said:
It technicly wasn't in the mouth eather.. About 1/2 inch behind it.. But yeah....
At least thats how I remember it.

I did notice my headache went away after we reached the Serenity Hole. Thats what I call our new Hole.lol So lets keep that one between us for now. So it will stay Serene.lol

FF

I
imfishing
Greetings...

Greetings...

I am so glad you managed to hook one using traditional methods and not the SOOOUUUULLLL TRRAIINNN - EERREY, EERREY - Whish, Whish [author's attempt at translating turn table scratchy noises into words and failing misserably]. I gather from previous posts you all know me now as Kevin Smith, the body packing fisherman who uses beads and FF's "Secret Sauce"...Well...I'm good with that. Nice fish...Keep it up.

F
fishingfreak
imfishing said:
I am so glad you managed to hook one using traditional methods and not the SOOOUUUULLLL TRRAIINNN - EERREY, EERREY - Whish, Whish [author's attempt at translating turn table scratchy noises into words and failing misserably]. I gather from previous posts you all know me now as Kevin Smith, the body packing fisherman who uses beads and FF's "Secret Sauce"...Well...I'm good with that. Nice fish...Keep it up.

Lmao! Hey I love the body packin fishing with you IM!lol

F
fishingfreak
Just so everyone knows IM is a very awesome guy and Fisherman! He is very loud and voicestrous! He keeps you laughing and having fun all day even when it gets packed in spots! I have had a few people ask me (mainly Snaggers) how I can fish with him and well I just told them be ethical, dont snag, and you will get along just fine. Its funny they just dont fish by us anymore. So IM " I Love you Man"! HEHEHE!

C
Coho Kid
Modest_Man said:

Oh I hate all those guys... Sure wish the economy would get better so at least some of them would have something else to do.

C
Coho Kid
imfishing said:

I'm going to record them and make it my new ring tone.

T
troutmasta
Coho Kid said:
I'm going to record them and make it my new ring tone.

Nice Fish. I almost got into with a guy cause I wouldn't stop pointing out to people that he was snagging. Went by the slaughter hole today on my way down river......Disgusting:mad:

C
ChezJfrey
fishingfreak said:
I did notice my headache went away after we reached the Serenity Hole. Thats what I call our new Hole.lol So lets keep that one between us for now. So it will stay Serene.lol

FF

Imfishing had to head off to work so the 3 of us headed down river.
where we found some nice peace and Quiet.

Shhhh, I won't tell... ;)

I
imfishing
Greetings all.

Well...What can I say...I like to enjoy myself, and have fun.

And I have a blast. It is my thought that we [Thats humans] have only one life and at the end of it we have only memories. Memories of the good times...So let the good times roll.

I realize that I might party it up a little on the bank, maybe a little to much.

All I can do is apologize for having to good of a time while fishing.

Sorry. Thats the way its always been with me. Like it or not.

Piece...