First Coho of '09

T
tnffishman
Was at EC all day. Got there at 6:30, saw bigdog down there fishing the tailout, and coulda swore I saw osmosis in the parking lot:think: maybe an osmosis look-alike

anyway the fishing was slow. Caught my first fish at about 9:30, foul-hooked:rolleyes: let her go

then lost one at 11:00

then landed this little buck at 1:00
measured at 24 inches and was about 5 pounds...not as nice as the one I released, but i was more than happy. OSP was there, checked me on the way out.

There are only about 20 fish in the hole, and it may sound like a lot, but it's not. There is usually at least 100 to 150 in there when the fishing is good. We still need rain and more fish to push in.

last year i didn't post any reports about EC because i didn't want 50 guys fishing down there, but this year i realize they are gonna be there anyway, so they might as well be OFF'ers!:clap:

here are the pics, and by the way only two other coho were kept when I was there, and an old nook

Last edited by a moderator:
M
mgdguy
:clap: :clap:

What'd ya get it on?

F
Fishtopher
Right on man! Nice fish!

Since the name of the thread fits the bill, got my first one of 09 today, as did my friend.

Black corkie, purple yarn.

100_1899.jpg
100_1898.jpg

T
tnffishman
I got mine on light green yarn, hey Fishtoper where'd ya get those beauties?

T
Troutier Bassier
thank god.
Im going to the Sandy right now.
And Ill make a trip to Eagle Creek sometime.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
thank god.
Im going to the Sandy right now.
And Ill make a trip to Eagle Creek sometime.

Lucky... you get to fish the last day of summer

T
Troutier Bassier
And FIshtoper, Your buddy has a Nice Shirt.

B
bigdog
tnffishman said:
Was at EC all day. Got there at 6:30, saw bigdog down there fishing the tailout, and an old nook

Saw me well who were you don't think we have met yet, you should have came over and at least said whats up. Were you the guy in the lamiglass shirt? or might have been a sweatshirt.

Yeah that was one old nook but the guy who got it was happy about it though.

B
bigdog
bigdog said:
Saw me well who were you don't think we have met yet, you should have came over and at least said whats up. Were you the guy in the lamiglass shirt? or might have been a sweatshirt.

Yeah that was one old nook but the guy who got it was happy about it though.

Never mind I just looked at your pics you were that younge guy with the bright redish collored line. You still should have said something, always good to meet fellow OFFers

Yeah your right there isn't very many in there yet, I would say fifty is a high guess. We still need some more rain for them to be in there but if you go hunting they are through out the creek, just not as many as people would like to see in there but they are there all the way to the mouth in what holes and spots that are left after the floods.

Last edited:
T
tnffishman
What's wrong with my line???;):lol:

I walked down quite a ways and on the way down and they way back saw fish roll near a rootwad/log right below the tailout of the bridge. I fished it with no luck, then crossed and got on the log and saw about three under there. one had scars on it and one was a real pig, but they were pretty spooky in that low water

M
metalmania
Nice job guys:clap:. If it wasn't for a broken rod I might have had my first. Got to watch them swim around so it's not all bad. They'll be in the upper stretchs of the creek soon.

F
Fishtopher
tnffishman said:
I got mine on light green yarn, hey Fishtoper where'd ya get those beauties?

Ha. You'll have to kill me first!

:lol:Clack. Thats all you're squeezing outta me!:lol::whistle:

Those pics were taken at two different holes, but both were caught at the same hole....

B
bigdog
Fishtopher said:
Ha. You'll have to kill me first!

:lol:Clack. Thats all you're squeezing outta me!:lol::whistle:

Those pics were taken at two different holes, but both were caught at the same hole....

lol Thats funny I think I already got a good idea where you were.

F
Fishtopher
Its a pretty obvious spot...both of 'em.

B
bigdog
Fishtopher said:
Its a pretty obvious spot...both of 'em.

Yeah just a little well at least for the people that have been to them before. ;)

K
Kodiak
Fishtopher said:
Ha. You'll have to kill me first

That can be arainged...start talkin'!..:lol:

F
FishSchooler
Is that brown sliver (top left corner or 1st pic) something in front of the camera or the other side of the river or creek?

F
Fishtopher
Other side.

F
FishSchooler
Fishtopher said:
Other side.

Creek or River?
Is that sidewalk after a hike out?

N
ninja2010
good job, topher... i was gonna try there on saturday (i know exactly where you were) but instead, ended up going a bit higher and got the stinky skunk. :(