First coastal springer???????

S
STIKTIME
Well myself and some buddies fished last weekend and had a fantastic day on the water!!!! We went 4/6 on steelies and brought home some fresh meat!! We were about 10 mins into our drift and my buddies rod went off and the fight was on. We pulled ashore and waited to see how big this steelhead (or so we thought) was because we hadn't seen it for a good 5 mins . It was still a little dark out and when I netted his fish my buddie and i looked and said, HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! IT'S A CHROME CHINOOK!!!!

So the question is, is this a late fall thats in amazing shape or a good sign of a great springer run? i"ve just never seen a nook in such good shape this time of year where we were fishing.

We let the fine looking fish back in the water and it swam away in great shape!

It was a great day on the water!

• 1ST SALMON 2011.jpg
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Hey, I think I know those guys!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Could be a early fish specially on a small system. or perhaps a late winter from like the elk or sixes in good shape?

B
BobbiDollPDX
GraphiteZen said:
Hey, I think I know those guys!!

Their identity has been altered as all suspects are considered innocent or something.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
BobbiDollPDX said:
Their identity has been altered as all suspects are considered innocent or something.

haha..

P
plumb2fish
best bet would have been to look at the vent, if it was developed then it was a winter fish. If it was not visible(protruding)then it was probably a springer...

P
plumb2fish
Can't tell for sure from the pic, but the vent does appear to be protruding and she seems full of eggs. A springer this time of year would have skeins probably no bigger around than a sharpie.
No matter what Beautiful Fish.

S
SantiamDrifter
Yes she was nice and plumb. We all agree now she is most likely a winter run chinook. It was an awesome fight on 8# test tho.

S
STIKTIME
Yes it was.......

N
nwkiller
agree with kodiak!

S
STIKTIME
Hey Kodiak, how have ya been man? Hope things are well!! Have u been on the water lately?