First carp experience

F
fishfry
Well I delved into carp for the first time this year with sportmanlio and will be doing it again for sure. First day out we landed a total of 162 fish. Nothing monstrous but an absolute blast. Average fish when totaled weighed a little over 8lbs. Biggest of my four trips weighed in at 14lbs 12oz. Landed about 45-55 fish each trip.

• IMG_20150822_180451989_HDR.jpg
  • IMG_20150822_163338105.jpg
  • IMG_20150823_131134755.jpg
Reactions: bass
C_Run
C_Run
Nice although not a big fan of carp. What's with that photobomb in the first pic?

jamisonace
jamisonace
Of the amorous couple or the bottles and cans? Hard to appreciate the fish with all the litter around.

C_Run said:
Nice although not a big fan of carp. What's with that photobomb in the first pic?

F
fishfry
And this is why I haven't frequented OFF for a while. Ppl are so quick to nit pick. First of all not one single bottle, can, piece of litter etc was left behind. Fishing was literally none stop action so water was consumed and the bottle often dropped in place in a mad scramble for the pole, or to help the next person net a fish.

Last edited:
bass
bass
Wow that is some killer fishing! I bet your arms were plenty tired after a day like that.

F
fishfry
Ya it was pretty crazy. Broke two reels, my steelhead rod a net and our fish scales. When it comes to fishing for fun they are hard to beat.

B
BaldTexan
Lol. Dunno if I'd want to fish for them bad enough to wreck my gear. Back in the day we'd fish for them with cheap Walmart ultra light gear. It would take 30 to 40 minutes to get one to the bank when they didn't break off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamisonace
jamisonace
Glad to hear you guys packed it out. I've literally filled my boat with garbage bags of trash and paid to dump it. I guess I'm a little anal retentive about litter.

fishfry said:
And this is why I haven't frequented OFF for a while. Ppl are so quick to nit pick. First of all not one single bottle, can, piece of litter etc was left behind. Fishing was literally none stop action so water was consumed and the bottle often dropped in place in a mad scramble for the pole, or to help the next person net a fish.

F
fishfry
Ah no biggy I understand. I removed two garbage bags of beer cans etc. From one of my favorite spots on the Williamson before and it was clean the day before. I hate seeing trash out there as well.