First batch of locals at Feyrer Park spotted..

G
Growbug
I drive over the Feyrer Park bridge a few times every day and have been keeping my eyes open.

Yesterday was the first time that i have spotted anyone fishing off the 'beach' this winter.
Spotted two fly guys yesterday and 4 peeps today , 2 below the bridge and 2 on the beach.

B
bigsteel
oh i can't wait for the steel to get in there.....

A
adambomb
At 14.87' the river did not look fishable today in the Canby area. Although it looked great compared to how the Willamette and Pudding rivers looked. With 588 winters over the falls since November 1st, there has to be a few milling around. It is predicted to fall back down into shape nicely in time for the weekend. Hopefully I can afford my license and tag this week and make it up there this weekend:pray:

G
Growbug
I would not have classed it as fishable these last couple of days... but...

L
lilsalmon
Went to the Molalla today. Had one on and lost it but it was great to feel that jiggle........got a nice pic of one of the places we were at...it was prettyful there today.

G
Growbug
Where did ya hit? I went this morning, up past the Glen Avon bridge, but nuffink.

A
adambomb
lilsalmon said:
Went to the Molalla today. Had one on and lost it but it was great to feel that jiggle........got a nice pic of one of the places we were at...it was prettyful there today.

That is one of my favorite holes, and talk about deep!! Were you jig fishing it, or tossin hardware?

S
solution7
lilsalmon said:

that water looks good

L
lilsalmon
I'm not real familiar with the Molalla but I plan to be....:D I had one on where the pic was taken....orange and black jig....it was sweet. I am still learning to read the water but I would say it was pretty good....from an amateur....that was my first one I ever had on so it was way cool. Very deep pool adambomb. I wanted to stay but my fishin buddy pooped out on me...:lol: He is still the best....

L
lilsalmon
adambomb said:
That is one of my favorite holes, and talk about deep!! Were you jig fishing it, or tossin hardware?

I think maybe your directions got us there....I was with bigsteel.....thanks, it was a great day even if it was short...hehe:dance:

B
bigsteel
growbug do u drive a white minivan,,,i think i saw you

G
Growbug
red... i saw a couple of vehicles up there this morn. can't remember the first one, but the second was a small RV.. i was a little past that.
Should be heading out there tomorrow for first light if this rain stops a little later.

A
adambomb
lilsalmon said:
I'm not real familiar with the Molalla but I plan to be....:D I had one on where the pic was taken....orange and black jig....it was sweet. I am still learning to read the water but I would say it was pretty good....from an amateur....that was my first one I ever had on so it was way cool. Very deep pool adambomb. I wanted to stay but my fishin buddy pooped out on me...:lol: He is still the best....

Congrats on your first hook up, its a feeling that you will never forget. In the middle of summer, at the lowest level, that hole is about 12' deep. Today it was easily 18-20'. The current does some funny stuff too, but with some practice you can hit the seam just right and float right through the middle. Don't overlook the two back water spots on the far side but be careful because its not nearly as deep on the far side. You can also follow the trail and fish a small spot right where the river enters that hole.

B
bigsteel
adambomb said:
Congrats on your first hook up, its a feeling that you will never forget. In the middle of summer, at the lowest level, that hole is about 12' deep. Today it was easily 18-20'. The current does some funny stuff too, but with some practice you can hit the seam just right and float right through the middle. Don't overlook the two back water spots on the far side but be careful because its not nearly as deep on the far side. You can also follow the trail and fish a small spot right where the river enters that hole.
ill have to set my jig lower 18 feet deep!!!!!......grabbin a bubble mailer and ill ship out that book tomorrow

A
adambomb
Its pretty tricky fishing the very bottom of that hole because the deepest part isn't that big. I usually run my jig between 10-13' so that I can fish more of it per cast. Did you find the log hole?

L
lilsalmon
adambomb said:

I love the feeling of having one on....this was a lot better and harder than a trout....thats for sure. I think I caught that current your talking about....pulled me back and passed right by me....it was pretty cool. one of my jigs is down there somewhere...hehe...store bought....I knew figured it was deep but didn't realize that deep...going to get to know that place better.

B
bigsteel
adambomb said:
Its pretty tricky fishing the very bottom of that hole because the deepest part isn't that big. I usually run my jig between 10-13' so that I can fish more of it per cast. Did you find the log hole?
yes we found the log hole,,,we were up just a bit from it but now i know exactly where it is,,,youre right u can't miss it

L
lilsalmon
Headin back in the morning....going to be a great day