First bass!!!

S

ShdwmnkyX

What a great couple of weeks. I break the skunks back with an axe kick, and I catch my first LM Bass. Crazy thing I caught this lunker on white power bait! Has that happened to anyone else? Will post picture later.

T

Troutcatcher

Nope i have never caught bass on power bait would be cool. Bass like things that move.

N

nwkiller

nope, never done it...i guess one needs to use PB to catch fish on PB

N

nwkiller

nice job on the bass!....but never have i caught a bass on PB, but i guess one needs to fish with PB to catch fish on PB

S

ShdwmnkyX

Well if you guys want to catch pigs like this you might want to try it. He was at least three inches and a quarter of an ounce at best.:cool:

S

ShdwmnkyX

It was a fight but I got him in. One of my goals for the year. I think I'll keep trying for bigger ones though.

S

ShdwmnkyX

Well I kept trying and on what was supposed to be my last cast of the day (the real one, not the one i keep telling myself is my last) and as I watched my line i saw it move. I set the hook and to my shock felt something on the other end. So I started reeling. I got it to a point where I could see it and i saw a ball of Weeds. My heart sank a little as I thought it got off but then I saw a tail. So I landed him.

Now here is where my excitement got the better of me and I lived up to my rep as a terribad fisherman. :(

At the same time I reached for my cell, the fish, tried to get the weeds off the line to see his mouth at the same time. I eventually said screw the weeds got my thumb in his mouth but was still reaching for my cell in my left pocket with the left hand which consequentially was also in the Bass's mouth. He shook free of the hook, flopped around and after getting back to the water (i was pretty close) swam off. But what do I care I got him on land, and got a thumb in his mouth so I landed him. I would put him at roughly a foot, and he felt like he was about a pound or so.

I then saw a few more swirling around, including a huge one jumping so I re-rigged and started casting. It was at this point after about six more casts that I got a bird's nest and decided it was time to call it a night.

C

colbypearson

Well if you guys want to catch pigs like this you might want to try it. He was at least three inches and a quarter of an ounce at best.:cool:

its happened to me a few times but mostly at places that are way over populated with 6-8 inch bass "hyatt"

Top Bottom