Firefighter from Arizona

L
loganaidan
Hey guys and girls...don't mean to e scout but me and the mrs have a chance to get out of the desert for three days and we are loving it..Staying in Eugene and I was wondering if there is decent access to the Umpqua where we can get on some smallies...Don't need honey holes but would like to get the lovely on a smallie or two..thank you ahead of time..I appreciate it...Brent

R
Razz
Check the local tackle store, not trying too be smart a## .Many times these people will give you the truth.

18406ej
18406ej
Although not the most scenic of venues, the Delta Ponds off of Delta Road (the Valley River Mall area) in Eugene can serve as a fallback if you can't get to the Umpqua for some reason but are absolutely dead-set on catching some Smallies.

I grew up in Eugene, but now live 60 miles North in Salem. We are just off of I-5, and you are more than welcome to stop by for coffee, a quick meal or a beer if you have reason to be passing through on your visit. A trip to Eugene is not complete without breakfast at the Glenwood (U of O campus or 2500 block of Willamette Street) BUT more importantly a stop for the desert selection of cakes, pies, tortes and baked goods at The Metropol, also 2500 block Willamette Street.

Thanks for stopping by OFF, and enjoy your time here.

Eamon

Springfield Police/Fire Department (ret).

L
loganaidan
Eamon..Thank you buddy I appreciate it...and yes would love to stop by for a beer on the way down..Im always ready to stop for a beer!!Thanks, Brent
18406ej said:
Although not the most scenic of venues, the Delta Ponds off of Delta Road (the Valley River Mall area) in Eugene can serve as a fallback if you can't get to the Umpqua for some reason but are absolutely dead-set on catching some Smallies.

I grew up in Eugene, but now live 60 miles North in Salem. We are just off of I-5, and you are more than welcome to stop by for coffee, a quick meal or a beer if you have reason to be passing through on your visit. A trip to Eugene is not complete without breakfast at the Glenwood (U of O campus or 2500 block of Willamette Street) BUT more importantly a stop for the desert selection of cakes, pies, tortes and baked goods at The Metropol, also 2500 block Willamette Street.

Thanks for stopping by OFF, and enjoy your time here.

Eamon

Springfield Police/Fire Department (ret).

L
loganaidan
Thanks for your help gang, the lovely lady and I are really excited to get up there!!
loganaidan said:
Eamon..Thank you buddy I appreciate it...and yes would love to stop by for a beer on the way down..Im always ready to stop for a beer!!Thanks, Brent

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
TTFishon said:
There's good smallie fishing off of the road by Smith Ferry Rapids https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=43.592141,-123.546495&spn=0.048302,0.077162&t=m&z=14 and there's good fishing along this road too. https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=43.612341,-123.590355&spn=0.048285,0.077162&t=m&z=14. I just did a 2 and half day float on this river and probably caught over 250 smallies. lol

This is great advice. It's a beautiful, scenic drive. The Umpqua is hands down the best smallie fishing in Oregon, and Smith Ferry is the tail end of the best section on the river. I have been floating it for years, just for the smallies! Good luck!