Finally my first big boy!!!!

W
waco
So i was planing to get to the river at 5 am but like allways for some reason i couldn't make it so i got there until 6 and the first think i saw at the river 2 beavers so i thought this is going to be a good day!! i start casting and for about 2 hours of trying, nothing no bites or nothing but i could see fish were active a lot of them jumping getting flies then i decide to try a spot where i saw a guy hooking a big nook ( in fact i helped hem with the net to landed it) then i turn around and the same guy was comming to his spot so i told hem i was thinking of trying your spot, do you know any other good spot to fish so he told where i could try but you can stay here and fish with me i said ok so i made my first cast and he told me wath i was doing wrong and give me a lot of information about steelhead and then after a hour or so told me im going to a diferent place. ok good luck!! so now i took his spot after a while of no bites i decide to move on so i try the spots that he told me and nothing one bite but no fish hooked on!! so i decide to go for a hike along the river and found a good hole after some hiking i sow a what i thought it was a good one i made my first cast and nothing made my second one remembering what the guy told me and i got a bite i set the hook and bam bam fish on!!!:clap: i was so excited and dam the fish gave 4 to 5 min of a unique feeling so when i finally got it( which it was a litle hard cause i dont have a net) i call my wife she was happy for me and i called my friends that called me crazy for getting up so early on weekends to go fishing and i dont know what else to said but catching big fish is a lot funner than little trouts i still remember the feeling on my pole and reel when the fish try to took off. AWESOME!!!!!!

M
mgdguy
Great story, and great chrome fish! Congrats! :clap: :clap:

H
halibuthitman
congrats.. nice fish too.. your a steelheader now!

M
metalfisher76
:D Noyce fish man!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good on ya! Now your friends will see you as "the crazy guy addicted to something called 'steel'...;-) Congratulations!

L
Left Bank
Great fish man!!! it's nice to hear when others on the river are willing to share their spot or provide pointers!!!

H
Hawk
That's surely a reel beauty BRo.
Sounds like a wonderful Day.
Great Job,
:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool:

C
Cohosanders
:cool: Bright fish and great attitude. It's stories like this that inspire even the skunkiest of fisherman. THAT FEELING your are talking about is golden bro. Good job:clap:

T
Thuggin4Life
Way to go man. Nice fish! Now keep them coming.

W
waco
well thanks to all you guys for your advices!!!!even to get my first steelhead fishing pole!!!!

W
waco
does anyone know whats the min lenght of a nook to be land it? i went fishing again and landed a chinook right when a lady from fish and wild life came and told me it was a baby chinook and that i had to let it fo so i did :( I went through the regulation book and didn't find anything about min meassure. Anyone knows about this?

R
rippin fish lips
nice fish! i bet it got ur heart and adreniline going!? keep fishing and dont give up, u will now start catching more! :)

H
hick
Nice fish bud! Good job not givin up!

R
Rascal
i think it is 15 inches since you can take jacks in the clack. If not then it has to be 24 inches

how long was it do you think and where did you catch it

W
waco
it was a 22 incher and i got it on the clackamas. So what about you have you got any fish?