Finally got back on the river...

T
troutfisherman
for sometime i just havnt got to go fly fishing for the pass 3 weeks !!! so today i got the
chance to go out today and see if i can catch a steelhead i when out at 3pm got a bite but the fish got off the hook :( i was using a purple leech fly ! anyways i continued to
fish until i cought one !! i was still using the purple leech hoping to catch a fish ! i had another bite at the end of the day when it was just about to get dark and it was pulling
pretty good i was hoping it was a big one but as i reeled it in i look and seen it was a very nice 15 inch to 18 inch bull trout ! now this was my first bull trout on the lower D !
and my first bull on a fly !! it look really really nice with the pretty colors on it !! i let it go so i can catch more bull trout at my fav fishing spot !!! :D

sorry about not having pic up to show you guys !! ill just have to figure how to put pics on here some time and buy a camera !! lol

kirkster
kirkster
well its sounds like you had a great day after a three week gap. Im sure an 18" bull trout was a lot of fun in the lower D. and on a flyrod to boot.

B
bigsteel
nice,,bull trout is a great fish to catch,they fight hard

S
steelhead_slayer
i caught my first bull on a fly there too, and about the same size with the same pattern. they're great! fight with eveything they got

Irishrover
Irishrover
Which part of the river were you fishing? A couple of years ago I landed a nice bull trout while fishing for steelhead just around the corner from the Warm Springs bridge, down river by that house on the east bank. I was usuing a purple peril. Guess those bull trout like purple, and nice to see they are still in there. Good job!

Last edited:
S
steelhead_slayer
i was over by south jct.