Finally fishing!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Autofisher took charge and decided it was time for a break from the hospital scene. Cynthia is doing better and will be going to a skilled rehab center later today. Soooo,we are heading to the Salmon this morning for a short R&R. Gotta tell y'all,I just wiggled into my new breathable waders and truly feel like a TellaTubby! I've even dropped 20 pounds in the last month,for crying out loud! Does everyone feel like this in these things? I don't think I can feel my toes...
I really hope to slay the skunk this morning. I will try to take time to post the results later today.

M
metalfisher76
Breathable? Mine are comfy. And I`m 30lbs over wt. Now getting the boots on and off is another thing.;) I have the Cabelas dry plus in a medium STOUT. I think the STOUT is the key word here, for me. Did ya try `em on first?
Good luck on your trip today!

V
VagrantAngler
Good luck Raincatcher. Tell auto i'm sorry I couldn't make it. Stupid work. That rain yesterday should of helped.

F
fishin_fool
Good luck and don't come back with the stink still attached

M
Marvin's Guide Service
good luck hope you catch the big one:)

J
JeannaJigs
Good luck Barb! Glad to see you're getting back out on the water! Go get 'em!

Meanwhile, I'm at work plotting my escape! lol. I Might pull it off :]

O
osmosis
Good to hear you finally get to make it outdoors again!
I hope to see a pic of you holding a BIG 'ol nook this evening!

F
fishnquest
Raincatcher said:
Autofisher took charge and decided it was time for a break from the hospital scene. Cynthia is doing better and will be going to a skilled rehab center later today. Soooo,we are heading to the Salmon this morning for a short R&R. Gotta tell y'all,I just wiggled into my new breathable waders and truly feel like a TellaTubby! I've even dropped 20 pounds in the last month,for crying out loud! Does everyone feel like this in these things? I don't think I can feel my toes...
I really hope to slay the skunk this morning. I will try to take time to post the results later today.

I know exactly how you feel. not exactly photogenic clothing. I hate when my wife takes pics of me in them, but they are sooooo much better than the hard plastic ones. Good luck and come back with some fish! I'm looking forward to some pics (sans waders).

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Skunk jumpsuit...

Skunk jumpsuit...

Hmmm,is there anything stinkier than a grandma wearing a skunk jump suit? I doubt it. :confused: I was so excited to be getting out of the hospital for a few hours that I forgot to drink my coffee. :lol: We got there about "way-to-dark-to-see-anything-ish and waited a bit so granny didn't break anything falling downhill in the muck. :shock: Fish were rolling and jumping all over the place! That got the juices stirred up,I'll tell ya. :D Started OFF using a white hoochie with a bit of pink fringe cuz that's what I had my hook-up on last time,remember the 3 second hook-up?! Changed to a pink TCO spinner for the next 45 minutes. Switched to green,copper,brass.....thought about trying a palomar on the tackle box but decided I wouldn't have enough line on my reel. Needless to say,I'm still wearing that ratty old skunk jumpsuit.:( :mad: Sorry to let y'all down,but that's my story and I'm stuck with it. :wall::doh::protest::redface:

ps
Autofisher is wearing his own skunk jumpsuit...:confused:

W
womanwhofishes
GRANDMA'S ROCK!!
so all my grandkids (13) tell me....But you will not see me in waders or a jumpsuit..

FISH ON!!

J
JeannaJigs
Glad you got out Barb, sad to see that the skunk is following you around too like a lost puppy. Lol I feel like an idiot in waders, but hey, you do what ya gotta do. The times I don't wear waders, I kick myself for leaving them at home everytime (yesterday for example). Fish were jumping all over the place down here too, I skipped out of work at around 1, and was hopeful! No takers though. Had a hugeeeee, albeit a dark fish, jump 6 inches from my float, as if purposely mocking me. I fished as long as I could but I had a mishap the other day that resulted in a possibly fractured tailbone, so, I wasn't out there as long as I had planned, but I did get about 3 hours in before the Ibuprofen/Acetaminophen/Naproxen cocktail wore off. Payin' the price today, but hey, fishing is worth it..it would be worth it a lot more though if the skunk would die.

O
OnTheFly
Hey Barb, From the moment that rod starts to buck and you feel the tackle stretch to the snapping point, you'll forget all about the waders and any other discomfort for that matter. It's not if it will happen it's when!:)

PS. Very glad to here your friend is recovering.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I forgot to mention that I truly needed and enjoyed each and every minute of my lil outing. A lil ol skunk isn't going to deep me away from the water. Huh,uh! My motto has always been "Never give up,never give in". I may look like a TellaTubby,but I'm a happy TellaTubby out there on the water with or without a fish! :D :lol::lol::lol:

O
OnTheFly
Tele Tubby?

Tele Tubby?

Hey Barb, your waders aren't purple are they? Just kidding :D