finally caught one! and other stuff too

T
tomriker
well i got my workout for an hour throwing a swimbait, not a single nibble. then switched over to a jig and it was game on! this was the biggest one i caught, didn't feel like getting out the scale but that's my size 13 romeo next to it so i guess it was an alright size, alittle bigger than average?
IMG_6999.jpg

THEN I found one of FPs 20 dollar swimbaits that he lost in January! the water is ridiculously clear and i managed to rescue it off the bottom with a little creative thinking...
IMG_3484.jpg

and finally i got a new app for my phone and wanted to take a panorama picture of the pond and how calm it is (new at panorama that's why the picture looks like crap)
IMG_0848.jpg

that's all i got :cool:

Reactions: chris61182
S
SturgeonSurgeon
Nice fish and pics gald to hear you caught some.

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
well i got my workout for an hour throwing a swimbait, not a single nibble. then switched over to a jig and it was game on! this was the biggest one i caught, didn't feel like getting out the scale but that's my size 13 romeo next to it so i guess it was an alright size, alittle bigger than average?
IMG_6999.jpg

THEN I found one of FPs 20 dollar swimbaits that he lost in January! the water is ridiculously clear and i managed to rescue it off the bottom with a little creative thinking...
IMG_3484.jpg

and finally i got a new app for my phone and wanted to take a panorama picture of the pond and how calm it is (new at panorama that's why the picture looks like crap)
IMG_0848.jpg

that's all i got :cool:

My poor swimbait that K-9 caught more fish than any others Ive fished looks pretty hammered faded busted tail :(:( wild you were able to find it considering we joked about it . I actually topwatered one tonight 3 ft off shore it was an inch shorter than my bait of confidence , kinda cool though missed him the first time drug it right back through and when he grabbed the tail i flipped him out onto the bank wasn't even hooked my friend laughed his *** off.

T
Texas Basser
Cool pics! Looks like a great time!

T
tomriker
the swimmer was only about 4 feet deep and i managed to wrap my line around it about 4 or 5 times and pull it up slowly, lost it about 5 times. it's super soft too so the tail broke :( the whole rock pile in the back corner was CRAWLING with fish, i'd never seen so many in one spot before i just cruzed over that whole area back there for 2 hours or so and lost track of how many i got to take my jig, didn't even think of using the crawdad! i bet that'd have worked too. let me know if your son can make it or not saturday if not, ill find somone else to come along w/ us

brandon4455
brandon4455
awesome fish. :clap: what is with the fish at your lake/pond? jig fetish much? LOL

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
the swimmer was only about 4 feet deep and i managed to wrap my line around it about 4 or 5 times and pull it up slowly, lost it about 5 times. it's super soft too so the tail broke :( the whole rock pile in the back corner was CRAWLING with fish, i'd never seen so many in one spot before i just cruzed over that whole area back there for 2 hours or so and lost track of how many i got to take my jig, didn't even think of using the crawdad! i bet that'd have worked too. let me know if your son can make it or not saturday if not, ill find somone else to come along w/ us

Cool they gotta be movin up to bed , will let ya know by tomorrow if my son will be coming or not.

L
lilsalmon
nice fishy......:whistle:

J
JeannaJigs
Nice. I saw a guy pull a HUGE lm out of the inlet area to what remains of delta ponds tonight. Seems like the warmer temps may have increased activity. They were topwater fishing. Unfortunately, they had a stringer of good sized fish flopping around on the ground...kinda unfortunate considering what has happened to that place

Crap. Sorry to hijack. Got me thinking about bass lol

T
tomriker
The water was anywhere from 62 to 57 degrees in some spots tonight! Poor bass ended up as someones dinner :(

C
chris61182
Oh man, nice fish! I'm jealous, and makes me anxious to get out this weekend!

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah :( the one looked to be an 8 pound or so female full of eggs, poor little future baby bass didn't have a chance.

T
TTFishon
Nice fish and pic!!!

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
Yeah :( the one looked to be an 8 pound or so female full of eggs, poor little future baby bass didn't have a chance.

That's a real bummer.

H
Hawk
Now that's a reel Beauty, bro TR...:lol::lol::lol:
:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance:
:cool:

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
That's a real bummer.

That is the problem with opening up the banks 360 gives the ol girls no where to hide from the folks who enjoy mud fish outta old polluted strip mines bon appettite.

T
tomriker
what are you doing online at 11oclock in the moring FP? shouldn't you be balancing air or somthing

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
what are you doing online at 11oclock in the moring FP? shouldn't you be balancing air or somthing

Get to work from 2pm till 10or11pm today. Pressure testing the buildings gotta have everyone out or it messes up the tests. My son will let me know if he can make it or not by this eve will get back to ya once he calls.

T
tomriker
what about all the crazies in the hospital? do they have to move all of them too?

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
what about all the crazies in the hospital? do they have to move all of them too?

LOL nope TG this area has yet to be occupied , otherwise we have to work around them.My middle son Jessie will be with me sat mornin hope the weather is good.