Finally broke my bad luck.

N
natro
Planned on getting on the river early in the morning this morning, but that didn't happen. Got down below the hatchery around 1pm and as soon as I got there I saw 2 people catch a fish. Spent a few hours more seeing a few more fish caught by others. Pretty soon I could see a shoulder to shoulder situation starting to happen, so I moved over to the last "finger" to get some space. Pretty soon about 6pm I caught my 1st fish with a "fish pill". Landing her was a lot of fun, she was doing all kinds of aerial moves I definitely started to get that forearm burn trying to land it. About an hour later I caught the second one, also on a "fish pill". Had to say I had a blast on the river and was real happy finally catching my first 2 steelhead on the river. I've been trying like hell to get something. Both had eggs, and the 1st was 25", and the second 30".

J
JeannaJigs
Right on. But what the heck is a fish pill?

I
Ifishforfood
good job breaking the bad luck! those are some very nice fish. glad you were able to work out the forearms a bit!

R
Rascal
a fish pill i like a a foam egg that you can use instead of a corkie

Last edited:
N
natro
JeannaJigs said:
Right on. But what the heck is a fish pill?

A fish pill is just like "Rascal" said...a little foam ball that's painted. you can get a package of them that has quite a bit of them for like a little over 2 bucks.

J
JeannaJigs
natro said:
A fish pill is just like "Rascal" said...a little foam ball that's painted. you can get a package of them that has quite a bit of them for like a little over 2 bucks.

Ah gotcha. It's been a good while since I dug out the drifting gear, much less bought any...yet somehow I swear my corky collection has grown. Now that you mention it though I think I've seen those little things at bimart.

N
natro
That second fish I caught had a nickel sized gash by it's tail, and it's dorsal fin was totally worn down. It was a good day on the river, plan on hitting it again tomorrow morning.

N
natro
JeannaJigs said:
Ah gotcha. It's been a good while since I dug out the drifting gear, much less bought any...yet somehow I swear my corky collection has grown. Now that you mention it though I think I've seen those little things at bimart.

That's where I got mine was at BiMart. And the corkie collection...mine keeps getting bigger too. People leave so much of their crap along the river bank I end up making up for the gear that I lose by picking up the stuff they leave behind.

J
JeannaJigs
Its crazy how much crap people leave. I'm thinking about convincing someone to take me up there. That lower hole is accessible with my crutches....it'd be a bit of a challenge, but I think it's doable. Lol going insane not being on the water harassing the steel. Too many good reports like yours to taunt me lol. Miss that river! Way to put the hurt on em tho