Finally a nice Large Mouth Bass

J
JTLunker
Finally caught a good size Large Mouth on the Tualitan. I took me a long time to get one, but it has paid off. I was using a black and Chartruse Spinner bait with a Colorado blade. It was near sundown and the bugs were just starting to get active. When I brought it to the dock I was stoked, but some buzz killer was like " Thats much smaller than the ones I catch" I said that was good for him, but it ticked me off a bit. Anyway I am still pumped I got a nice one, I had caught some smaller ones a few days before this one.

18406ej
18406ej
Don't listen to the Buzz Killer- it is a great fish! Congratulations.

Troutski
Troutski
Congratulations..

Congratulations..

Like was said before....don't listen to the Buzzard bait, that is a very respectable fish. I my self would love one that size... Nice catch.

Chuck

C
cavdad45
alright!!!

C
cavdad45
cavdad45 said:
alright!!!

I forgot to add the smileys. My bad. :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Envious in Dallas

Envious in Dallas

JT, as you know, that is an awesome looking fish!! :clap: I am looking forward to the day I catch one that size. :pray: Truth be told, so is the jackass you gentlemen have been calling "buzz killer". :confused: Sorry for not being more lady-like,but jerk-offs like that are always trying to throw a wet towel on anything that they didn't do. Sorry for the rant, the spotlight is all yours. Congrats! :dance: :clap: :dance: :D
Barb

F
flippinbaits
nice catch...just ask where the other guys fish are??? lol

S
SmallieWorld
Looks like fun

Looks like fun

Looks like your hard work paid off; Curious if you fried him up or released him. I fried up some smallmouth from the Umpqua last week with some Jiffy cornbread mix for batter and followed it with some Blackberry cobbler. AAAhhhh! Delish. Okay, now I'm really motivated to go get some bass action.
Good Catch Bro!

A
ArcticAmoeba
definitely a nice meal JT! And Barb, good for you, sometimes we get a little fired up, and those types really do throw buckets on our fires...Not tryin to Hi jack ya JT, but dang I hate that they are fisherfolks too...Leaving a bad taste in everyones mouth. But that is a nice Largemouth from the Tualatin, as a matter of fact I have seen one bigger pulled this year, so again, congrats JT, and WE will get out to do some fishin, I promise...;)

H
Hawk
ConGrats Brother JT...................:clap::clap::clap:

yuu kin put that size into my basspond any ol' time.........................:cool:......................:D:D:D

F
FishSchooler
I have to get out to the tualatin again, catch another big 11 lb lunker! Nice fish too, seems like the tualatins recovering from all the algae and suckers/pikeminnows! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

J
JTLunker
Thanks all. I did release him. Water isn't the best on that river. I am taking my Kayak out this week. Hopefully I can find a honey hole.

F
flippinbaits
FishSchooler said:
I have to get out to the tualatin again, catch another big 11 lb lunker! Nice fish too, seems like the tualatins recovering from all the algae and suckers/pikeminnows! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

u caught a 11lb out of tualatin?

A
ArcticAmoeba
I think he is talkin about a carp from the tualitin, and I doubt it was 11 pounds, unless he had a scale with him, I bet it was more like 7 or so, still a huge fish, but it did not look like a 34" carp...Aparantly that is how long a 10 lb. carp is, roughly...THere are some giant carp in there though, same with squaws...Good for fertilizer, and Crawfish bait the Tualitin is!

F
flippinbaits
ArcticAmoeba said:
I think he is talkin about a carp from the tualitin, and I doubt it was 11 pounds, unless he had a scale with him, I bet it was more like 7 or so, still a huge fish, but it did not look like a 34" carp...Aparantly that is how long a 10 lb. carp is, roughly...THere are some giant carp in there though, same with squaws...Good for fertilizer, and Crawfish bait the Tualitin is!

i was gonna say...a 11lb lm out of there would be impressive :clap:

but so is a big carp :dance:

B
Boywhofishes
it's nice to know that someone has caught a nice LM lately...:clap::lol::clap: :redface:

F
FishSchooler
I just took what other peeps said, they all said north of ten, 15, 11.3, and everything else. It was all slimy and holdin me down from walkin.

F
flippinbaits
FishSchooler said:
I just took what other peeps said, they all said north of ten, 15, 11.3, and everything else. It was all slimy and holdin me down from walkin.

and it was a carp or a bass?

F
FishSchooler
It was a bass of course! jk. Carp. Slimy n ugly but huge!

F
FishSchooler
JT, I went today and the water was LOW LOW LOW! The water visibility was great too, 4 feet maybe. And the end of the dock was like only around 2 feet deep on the boat ramp side. I had one bass on and it came off. Problem is, I could not see one piece of cover or shelter that I could cast to, even when the water was so low. There was plenty of trees and stumps on the other sides, root wads too, killer cover, but the only thing on the dock side was this big huge blackberry bush hanging into the water, but it was only like 5 feet in and I could see all around it. I tried casting a spinnerbait around, but didn't risk to get too close. Not much cover on the dock side... where are ya castin to?