Finally a nice Large Mouth Bass

J
JTLunker
I was using a spinner and casting to the other side of the river by the intake tower. It took about 50-60 casts but eventually I pissed him off enough to strike my lure. I have caught a huge SM over there too. You can also walk down river to a railroad bridge. I haven't had any luck yet, but I have seen some large Bass jumping around the mouth of Fanno Creek. I see a lot of people using worms on the bottom.

F
FishSchooler
Casting that far with just a spinnerbait? The water is so low now and I still can't cast 10 feet within that pile of logs... how do you do it? Add weight?

P
paulpanza1
Nice fish!!! I'd be happy with one that size.

Paul Panza

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
paulpanza1 great to meet you!

paulpanza1 great to meet you!

Welcome to OFF,the shining star of fishing forums! We hope you will catch that elusive lunker someday. If you do, please don't forget us. We need reports and pictures even if you don't catch anything but a rash. We all love sharing,so if you have questions on bait,lure,rod,reel,technique or location, just ask. You can check thousands of past posts also by clicking on the headings. Or you can make use of the search at the top of the page. Good luck and hopefully you can come back with a pic of you and your lunker!
Barb

Troutski
Troutski
Welcome to OFF..

Welcome to OFF..

paulpanza1 said:

Paul Panza

Nice to have you on board Paul, the trick to Bass fishing is time on the water and questions on OFF, these Bassers really do have the answers, just feel free to ask.........tight lines and again welcome.

Chuck

H
Hawk
paulpanza1 said:

Paul Panza

Welcome to the Family Brother..........................:D:D:D

Happy fishin'.....................

W
williamonica0214
nice fish congrats. i would be happy just to find a place to catch small bass. since i am new to the area and have no clue where to fish

F
FishSchooler
You live in hillsboro... hmm... henry hagg lake is not far away, and theres sm bass in there, state record came from there... but the waters gettin colder by the day...

H
Hawk
williamonica0214 said:
nice fish congrats. i would be happy just to find a place to catch small bass. since i am new to the area and have no clue where to fish

I've heard folks are catchin' BASS at Fern Ridge. I don't kno if'n yer close to thar...............................:lol::lol::lol:

Catch a Big'UN................................:D

C
chris61182
FishSchooler said:
You live in hillsboro... hmm... henry hagg lake is not far away, and theres sm bass in there, state record came from there... but the waters gettin colder by the day...

I wouldn't worry about the temperature at Hagg just yet, both the Columbia and Willamette should be much colder and from the reports I've seen are still producing plenty of fish.

Now finding some structure that the fish might be hanging around at Hagg, now that's a trick I've yet to master. The only thing left at this water level is pretty much points and drop offs.

F
FishSchooler
Hawk said:
I've heard folks are catchin' BASS at Fern Ridge. I don't kno if'n yer close to thar

........thats like.......... down south near......... salem? :lol:

B
Bassman
fishing repot at hills creek resivor

fishing repot at hills creek resivor

has any one fish the lake around january or early febuary

F
FishSchooler
Bassman said:
has any one fish the lake around january or early febuary

Err... wrong thread? This is the tualatin river thread...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Ooops

Ooops

FishSchooler said:
Err... wrong thread? This is the tualatin river thread...

FishSchooler;
Ummm,this IS the right thread for Bass inquiries. That's because it is NOT the Tualatin river thread. Ooops?
Barb

F
FishSchooler
Raincatcher said:
FishSchooler;
Ummm,this IS the right thread for Bass inquiries. That's because it is NOT the Tualatin river thread. Ooops?
Barb

Oh oops my bad, i thought it had tualatin river in the title.... :doh: