Finally a little warmth a little action.

F
Finneus Polebender
Drice got a hold of me and said got some time , soooo off we went . hit the water around noon the weather finally nice. wasn't long and we started noticing some movement . fished hard for an hour or so had switched up baits several times , moved to a new area and boom Drice finally figured them out pole twisted over the line danced through the water . New right when the mouth popped it wa sa nice one. got some pics and broke the ice . we fished on for a few more hours both Drice and I getting a few bites Wonly 1 more small fish landed. The afternoon slowly wore on and we decided to fish another location where id had a bit of topwater luck once earlier this year. About ten minutes in bang the topwater strike was on . Hooked the first one lost him half way to the boat .a few minutes later another hit this time I missed. About my fourth take down finally got a hook in one, got a nice little pound and a halfer right to the toon went to lift him out and gone . proceeded to get bumped bit and took down a few more times with no hook up ,then it was time to get. All in all a much better day then weve had any time recently . Think they may come out of the cold spell aggressive when it breaks .

Last edited by a moderator:
N
nwkiller
nice job

T
TTFishon
Woo hoo! Nice fish! Looks like it's picking back up. Great job guys. Nice turtle pic too.

troutdude
troutdude
Was that your cheering section sitting on the log? LOL

Sounds like a great day Finny!

F
Finneus Polebender
troutdude said:
Was that your cheering section sitting on the log? LOL

Sounds like a great day Finny!

Yep they were diggin the rays too think I gots a sunburn!

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
Woo hoo! Nice fish! Looks like it's picking back up. Great job guys. Nice turtle pic too.

Yes it is Drice kicked my butt today although I did get the topwater smackdown ! We will have to try again tomorrow you are overdue for a big one my friend!

troutdude
troutdude
I got crispy too today, out at EE Wilson for Youth Outdoor Day.

F
Finneus Polebender
troutdude said:
I got crispy too today, out at EE Wilson for Youth Outdoor Day.

One of those deceptive overcast comfortable days it happens before ya realize it oops.

troutdude
troutdude
Yep. Doggone it. May have to get out some lotion, and take the edge off. Oh well, at least no ill effects from Poison Oak...and there was plenty of it!

BTW, to get back on track...nice BASS!

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice!

D
Drice
Yeah I am a crispy critter right now but it was soooo worth it. Today was my first trip out in like a month and it got off to a rough start with me breaking one of my newer rod before I even got the toon in the water. Things sure took a turn when that "Great Representative" of a bucket mouth took off for the other bank with my hook hanging from his lip. Just with we coulda found a few more. We will have to get out again sometime soon and start putting together some more puzzle bits.

Those pics always make my fish look smaller than they did when I was holding them. Nice fish but it felt bigger did you photo shop it smaller or something?

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
I have always preferred fiberglass rods. I can feel the fight much better. Cast farther. But more importantly, I have never broken a glass rod...only graphite ones!

Out of the 30 or 40 rods that I have, only a handful are graphite.

F
Finneus Polebender
Drice said:
Yeah I am a crispy critter right now but it was soooo worth it. Today was my first trip out in like a month and it got off to a rough start with me breaking one of my newer rod before I even got the toon in the water. Things sure took a turn when that "Great Representative" of a bucket mouth took off for the other bank with my hook hanging from his lip. Just with we coulda found a few more. We will have to get out again sometime soon and start putting together some more puzzle bits.

Those pics always make my fish look smaller than they did when I was holding them. Nice fish but it felt bigger did you photo shop it smaller or something?

We got that curse your at least as tall as I am I push 245lb, We have a way of makin them look small ,that mini pig was headed for 4lbs ! definitely a pole knotcher

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:

Thx still having to work hard for them though!