Fernridge

N
nwkiller
went down to kirk pond sense all the rivers are rediculouse. was targeting carp but had no action so while my carp rod soaked(corn) i pulled out the good old second rod(2 rod license in use) and jigged for some blue gill with just a tiny splitshot and a tiny piece of worm, ended up gettin 10 or so smaller blue gills a couple small bass and one decent 1# bass....no carp!

T
TTFishon
How'd the water look?

N
nwkiller
the river is full bore, kirk ws dirty but a about 15 inches of clarity

T
TTFishon
I'm surprised you didn't have any carp action. At least you caught some gills and bass.

N
nwkiller
ya we were way as suprised too looked like the perfect day, even went over to the ponds near barger, and shasta mid. caught a decent bass....but no carp, i dont know what they were doing today

T
TTFishon
Hmm, weird. At least you got another decent bass at Golden Garden.

T
troutjunkie88
If any of you guys use a fly rod I found a great fly pattern for those bluegill in there. They go nuts for it, something to kill the time while you're carp fishing. YouTube - Tying Everett's Bluegill Fly very easy to tie, small strips in, fish will take it when it is sinking.

N
nwkiller
those are sweet, ya we hit a few on a white and tan fly, not sure what it called but they loved it...thanks for the info

T
troutjunkie88
How did the long tom look?

N
nwkiller
it was raging, full

F
fishing man
in kirk pond use some white crappie nibbles i caught a lot of bluegill and crappie plus a pumpkinseed sunfish