Fern Ridge Crappie

B
bucketman009
Alright I know someone here has fished Fern Ridge.....this water body ALWAYS baffles me....I don't want Bass....Crappie is my fish of choice....so come on speak up....😀

Reactions: Oldhammer
troutdude
troutdude
I've seen reports, long ago, of folks who fished OFF of the resort docks at night. They drew the fish to the docks with lights. Then filled up their buckets when the schools of crappie honed in on their lights.

B
bucketman009
I caught a White Crappie 2 years ago that was close to 2lbs there.....but since nothing to note...I have caught some small ones in Kirk Pond though.

balzacccc
balzacccc
It might be a small year for crappies. Got only one so far in Freeway lakes this year, around 1 lb. I think the temperature is not that normal this year. Bass are just in spawn. Maybe we could see more crappies in the shallow water when the temperature stable at 70.

B
bucketman009
Bee
balzacccc said:
It might be a small year for crappies. Got only one so far in Freeway lakes this year, around 1 lb. I think the temperature is not that normal this year. Bass are just in spawn. Maybe we could see more crappies in the shallow water when the temperature stable at 70.
Been much colder nights this than last year....water temp in 2 of my crappie lakes are just now at 58°.....Freeway Lakes have crappie....I had heard that but never tried there looks VERY weedy.

B
Big Nigiri
It has been very slow this year compared to last. Caught a few 14 inchers 3-4 weeks ago but not much since. Last night we only caught three smalls. The water is way higher than last year at this time.

• 9FE9FA5D-FE50-4F4C-98E2-AF71EC5BB2F2.jpeg
Reactions: Admin