Fender help!

M
mikeredding
Do any of you in the Eugene Springfield area have the ability to build fenders for my boat trailer? I can't afford much. Nothing fancy just need to make it legal. I have drug it down the road a couple of times but I am nervous about getting a ticket.

A
ArcticAmoeba
If you were closer, it would be an easy deal. I am a cretified welder, both wet, and dry. I do a lot of Steel fab for local 4x4 enthusiests. Mostly tube work, but I can roll sheet too. Check your local U-Pull-It lots. I've found trailer fenders in a few of those lots around my neck of the woods.

M
mikeredding
ArcticAmoeba said:
If you were closer, it would be an easy deal. I am a cretified welder, both wet, and dry. I do a lot of Steel fab for local 4x4 enthusiests. Mostly tube work, but I can roll sheet too. Check your local U-Pull-It lots. I've found trailer fenders in a few of those lots around my neck of the woods.

I used to weld a little myself and have built quite a few things but I sold my welder a couple of years ago.
I think I need to build custom fenders and brackets because of the limited mounting on this trailer. I don't think it was built to have fenders on it.

H
Hawk
Mike, if u have a Junior College close to u, they used to have welding classes. You mite get someone in a class to do it fer u......................:D

Best O Luck Bro.........................:cool:

J
JeannaJigs
Hawk said:
Mike, if u have a Junior College close to u, they used to have welding classes. You mite get someone in a class to do it fer u......................:D

Best O Luck Bro.........................:cool:
Yeah, for sure, check out LCC. They used to have kids starving to get their hands on work.

J
joeyota
I have a welder and all the goods in eugene. I do not have anything to make fenders out of. The fenders on my boat trailer were made from inner fenders off of an old van. They could look better if I was to put a little efert into it. It was years ago when I put them on long before I knew how to weld and fabricate. Let me know if you want some help.

J
joeyota
Might check Coyote Steel, 2030 Cross srt eugene just off Garfield, 541-461-0299.

H
Hawk
U could put an ad in Craigslist fer boat trailer fenders. Some of them are also plastic/fiberglas. Take a look at the local auto wrecking yard fer something u can use as fenders.

10-4......................................:lol::lol::lol:

M
mikeredding
Thanks for all the ideas everybody. Unfortunately premade fenders are not going to work because this trailer has no way to mount them. I need to have some brackets made on my trailer first.

J
joeyota
mikeredding said:
Thanks for all the ideas everybody. Unfortunately premade fenders are not going to work because this trailer has no way to mount them. I need to have some brackets made on my trailer first.

Thats what the welder is for. It can't be that hard to make some brackets for that.

M
mikeredding
joeyota said:
Thats what the welder is for. It can't be that hard to make some brackets for that.
Yep thats what I am working on. I have to move some rollers on the trailer first because there isn't any clearance between the rollers and the tires. Like I said before. it is a weird trailer and wasn't made for fenders.

M
mikeredding
Well I solved the fender problem today. I bought another trailer!:D My wife about came unglued when she got home.:shock: I guess I had better get the other one sold, quick.:D