Feisty Columbia river bass!

I
Ifishforfood
well i ht the river today for only about 2.5 hours, but caught 7 bass, and 5 bullheads. at the end, i caught a 13 inch smallie that fought, fought, fought! i had him on for a good 3 minutes, pulling drag off my ultralight 5' rod. after i put him in my zipping net/ fish bag to take home for dinner, he revived himself and ripped a hole in it and got away right as i was leaving! that made me mad, but i admire that fish's will to live!! well, theres always next time.....

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Ouch! Pretty determined,crafty fish there. I've caught bass before,but never eaten any.

T
Thuggin4Life
sounds fun. glad you are taking them home. even though it will never be solved it still may make the smallest difference.

F
Finneus Polebender
Ifishforfood said:
well i ht the river today for only about 2.5 hours, but caught 7 bass, and 5 bullheads. at the end, i caught a 13 inch smallie that fought, fought, fought! i had him on for a good 3 minutes, pulling drag off my ultralight 5' rod. after i put him in my zipping net/ fish bag to take home for dinner, he revived himself and ripped a hole in it and got away right as i was leaving! that made me mad, but i admire that fish's will to live!! well, theres always next time.....
Will be up that way end of next week would love to learn smallies!

P
pdx89
when one of my fish get away, i just say/think .. that fish desires to live and it is not its time yet.