Feeling really poopy

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Dang! I feel like an elephant just fertilized me...and then sat down on my chest...I got Cynthia on the road to recovery so she can have her surgery Monday and now I'm wheezing like an old steam engine. :confused: I'm taking vitamin C,and the rest of the alphabet...echenacia and drinking gallons of water and hot tea with honey. It came on Thursday afternoon and put me in bed yesterday. I'm up now due to a migraine. If any of you have an old family cure,let me know. I'm willing to try just about anything right now. :pray:

Last edited:
M

metalfisher76

No famIly cures, sorry, that sucks. I`ve been hearing that D is better for charging the immune system than C. Alas, that is usually preventive,but won`t hurt. I haven`t been sick since making that switch a year ago. Get better soon! The hatchery steelhead population needs to be kept in check.

T

TTFishon

Sorry to hear your feeling like crapola. At least the weather's crappy too. I've never had a migraine before but I've seen people suffer from them and it didn't look fun. Hope you feel better soon.

A

autofisher

I think my kid got me sick. That'll teach me to take him out in public. :lol:
I've been up since 5 with a migraine. They're not fun. For me, they feel like there's so much pressure behind my eyes that my entire skull is going to burst through my eye sockets. Thank goodness for modern medications.

L

lilsalmon

Dang! I feel like an elephant just fertilized me...and then sat down on my chest...I got Cynthia on the road to recovery so she can have her surgery Monday and now I'm wheezing like an old steam engine. :confused: I'm taking vitamin C,and the rest of the alphabet...echenacia and drinking gallons of water and hot tea with honey. It came on Thursday afternoon and put me in bed yesterday. I'm up now due to a migraine. If any of you have an old family cure,let me know. I'm willing to try just about anything right now. :pray:

Sorry to hear your under the weather....its a good day for fishing but got school things going on with my son and then headin out to the Fishermans Shack for misc. items......Hope you get better soon. The only remedys I know of you are already utilizing....I have a good cure for hiccups though.....if you ever need it let me know.... :D

Get better RC....

F

fishnquest

Sorry to hear you're feeling down. I have only one secret sick remedy, for a cold-like sick. At the very first sign of symtoms, take a zinc tablet. When the timing is right, (and the timing is critical) it knocks it out. I know people that swear by it and people that call it bunk. Too late for you now, but it works for me better than half the time. Get well soon.

H

Hawk

Sis, i'm mighty sorry your feelin poorly...:(

My VA Doc has me take daily,

4- Fish oil concentrate...1000mg...2morning...2evening
1- Vitamin D...1000 IU
1- aspirin

On my own i take daily,

1- Vit C...1000mg
1- Equate multi vitamins
2- Acidophilus

sometimes i take a garlic supplement tablet

I've been very fortunate. I haven't had a cold or flu in about 4 lustrums.

Sis, get Reel Well Mighty Quick...

Last edited:
O

OnTheFly

Hey Barb, There's noth'in worse than feeling bad. If you're too sick to go fishing then consider it serious! I have always thought that if your body can concentrate on killing bad eebie geebies and not having to spread out energy to keep the inner core of your body warm then you will recover sooner. If you cuddle up with an electric heat pad as hot as you can get it without perspiring, your body will have more resources to fight off the germ. It's the best remidy for quick recovery I've discovered.:)

troutdude

troutdude

Oh crud...youse gots the crud! <just a minor attempt at humor to help cheer u up>. LOL

Take Airborn my dear. I take it all season long, and when I finally did get something 2 weeks ago...it was really short lived (while everyone around me was dying for day after day after day with the crud).

I take one or two dissolvable orange tabs a day. And at first signs of symptoms, I take it every 4 - 6 hours. Plus, I then also take Zinc and Vita D.

Get mo' bedda soon...I hear some steelies calling your name!!!

P.S. You can get "Walborn" at Walgreen's. It's the same ingredients and it's CHEAPER.

Last edited:
Top Bottom