Fee increase for licenses

W
wormosa
i know prices are going up but i thought this increase was rediculous, then you add the invasive species permit, i think it is a joke, if fishing seasons get changed so should the fee to represent the loss of fish retained....just my 2 cents

T
TTFishon
How much did the general license go up?

J
JeannaJigs
I had to pay just shy of $70 to get the license, combined angling tag, and invasive species whatever it is.

T
TTFishon
Holy crap!!! That's friggin crazy!

B
brysageek
Wow

Wow

Looks Like I am not fishing this Fri ...... woooooowwwww

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
going up to $33 from $26 for the basic licence.
hope the fish know that i expect to catch more of them this year.

Y
Yentz
If you guys think that is bad, just look at the price for a non-resident license.

J
JeannaJigs
Yentz said:
If you guys think that is bad, just look at the price for a non-resident license.

Yeah i think it was like $133 and I don't think that included the combined angling tag.

J
JeeperGal
It is still cheaper than a lot of states, and Oregon has way better fishing than a lot of places.

I am excited that they added the 2nd pole rule, we can now fish with two poles! It is this way in California and it is nice to have double the chance of hooking a fish.

J
JeannaJigs
JeeperGal said:
It is still cheaper than a lot of states, and Oregon has way better fishing than a lot of places.

I am excited that they added the 2nd pole rule, we can now fish with two poles! It is this way in California and it is nice to have double the chance of hooking a fish.

Yeah but it's kinda lame...I can fish in washington, which has way better fishing in some places than Oregon, for less as a non resident, than I can as a resident here..I think that's a bit messed up. And the two pole thing, it's only for lakes and reservoirs, so, I mean, usually we have 4 or more rods in the water as it is so adding double would be chaos I think. But I can see how it would be advantageous for some.

F
FishSchooler
My license is still a whopping $0 :whistle:

Y
Yentz
JeannaJigs said:
Yeah but it's kinda lame...I can fish in washington, which has way better fishing in some places than Oregon, for less as a non resident, than I can as a resident here..I think that's a bit messed up. And the two pole thing, it's only for lakes and reservoirs, so, I mean, usually we have 4 or more rods in the water as it is so adding double would be chaos I think. But I can see how it would be advantageous for some.

It's really frustrating, because there is no way I can afford getting my Dad an Oregon License(He is in Battleground).

So instead, I'm just getting me and him Wash Licenses.

W
wormosa
JeeperGal said:

they should just let you fish with 2 poles compared to what charging 15.00 more?

J
JeannaJigs
wormosa said:
they should just let you fish with 2 poles compared to what charging 15.00 more?

It's actually $17 because there is a retail fee applied. It's just a way to charge us more so they can mismanage the funds.

W
wormosa
how much is the invasive species b.s. ?

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
I think its like 7 on top the registartion. I registered my boat andd shouldn't have to do anything else until jan. 1st 2011 im pee-peed.

Last edited by a moderator:
W
wormosa
so do i have to get a permit for my boat even if tags are good ( they expire in 2011) ? i thought i do and i have to get one every year right? i just read it is a $97 fine if you do not have one, what a joke

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
yeah pretty sure this new thing is a yearly deal.

J
JeannaJigs
wormosa said:
so do i have to get a permit for my boat even if tags are good ( they expire in 2011) ? i thought i do and i have to get one every year right? i just read it is a $97 fine if you do not have one, what a joke

Yearly, and it's $7 on top of your normal registration fees. And you KNOW they're going to be out there enforcing it because that's easy money.

F
fishkiller
It's almost taxation without representation. Higher fees without any gauranty of any more fish in the rivers.