Favorite spinners?

S
sunsalem
Those really are some nice looking spinners!:dance:

R
rickman
Actually that black bodied spinner with the bent wire was made that way. I put a 45 degree bend so that it won't twist the line when retrieved.

R
Razz
rickman said:
Actually that black bodied spinner with the bent wire was made that way. I put a 45 degree bend so that it won't twist the line when retrieved.

Good idea getting looped around the line has been a issue for 45-50 years for me.

S
sunsalem
rickman said:
Why the barrel swivel?

R
rickman
I'm experimenting. I use extremely thin mono, ie, 7x Tippett diameter line on a couple of my XUL setups. It twists very easily and can break. Anything that will reduce the line twist on this line is a plus.

A side note: Those particular spinners were designed by Floyd Pease, a well known smallmouth bass fisherman here in AZ (since passed away). He recommended the 45 degree bend in the wire as well as using a barrel swivel. So I tried it on several of the spinners.

Last edited:
S
sunsalem
Thanx for the info.

K
Kookaburra
Although I got enough spinners to go fishing for my entire and the next 10 lives - at the end of the day it is always the Mepps Aglia :thumb:

G
grizzlynitemare
Im a big fan of the Mepps line, as I haven't made any of my own yet. I would like to start making my own soon. But for the small streams and ponds I fish, I'll throw a Mepps and catch anything that's big enough to eat it!