Favorite high mountain lake

R
rainbowfisherman
I was just wondering what your favorite high mountain lakes to fish are? I want to try a couple out next year.

Thanks
-Rainbowfisherman

B
beaverfan
I'd say Olallie for sure.

R
rainbowfisherman
IVe heard that its a great lake...Would u be able to take a float tube there?

B
beaverfan
ya they'd be fine as long as it's not windy.

T
TTFishon
My favorite is kind of a secret, but you catch fish all day long and they're all natives. Problem is you have to hike seven miles to get there. It's worth it though. The fish range from 8 to 18 inches.

T
Thuggin4Life
My favorite so far is crescent even though I haven't got a fish out of there yet. Its just a nice place to be in the late winter and early spring. good scenery and there are big fish to be caught in there.

Irishrover
Irishrover
What only one favorite mountain lake! That's impossible. Way too many nice lakes. One of my favorites would have to be Fish Lake in the Steens Mountains. No motors nice and quite, keep your fish fresh by putting them in a snow bank.;)

R
rainbowfisherman
Ha ok ill change something "What are your favorite mountain lakeS ok better now

Irishrover
Irishrover
rainbowfisherman said:
Ha ok ill change something "What are your favorite mountain lakeS ok better now
Much better:lol: Gold lake lots of brookies there, Lawrence Lake north side of Mt Hood native cuts there. Both are float tube and pontoon friendly and good for fly fishing. Then there is Badger lake, I hate the drive but like the lake. Thuggin4Life you are right Crescent is a great lake even when you arn't fishing. We have rented those old cabins from time to time. I like to sit on the porch sip some Jamason and watch the lightening at night. I have not been there in a couple of years have to make a trip next summer.

R
rainbowfisherman
Thanks

R
rainbowfisherman
Thanks all and keep them coming im looking for a pretty small lake with brookies or brown trout in them or cutthrought either way. Once again thanks sooo much

Thanks-
Rainbowfisherman

T
Throbbit _Shane
Squaw lakes near applegate resivore has some nice brown trout in it

B
bigsteel
the best lake in my opinion is little cultus lake,,,,my father took us there since we were kids,,great small lake..:lol::lol:

T
TTFishon
rainbowfisherman said:
Thanks all and keep them coming im looking for a pretty small lake with brookies or brown trout in them or cutthrought either way. Once again thanks sooo much

Thanks-
Rainbowfisherman

You could try Linton Lake. It's about a mile hike off of hwy 242. It won't be open til sometime in late June early July. It's full of browns and brookies and the fishing is usually pretty good.

M
Mike123
For remote hike-in high lakes:

I enjoyed Heart Lake a lot! Very remote... Awesome fishing!

Marion Lake was very cool but not as remote... didn't do well on the fishing there either.

For just lakes that are in the "mountain" I like East and Paulina lakes...

Depends on what types of mountain lakes your looking for...

J
JeannaJigs
I'm a fan of Gold lake, though i haven't been there recently so I'm not sure what it's like presently, but it used to be a real nice little lake to hike into, caught a lot of nice fish in there when i was a kid. Otherwise I'd have to say East Lake, Little Lava, and Hosmer (just found hosmer this summer, fly only lake, BIG fish they stocked it with Atlantic Salmon).

R
rainbowfisherman
Mike123 said:

\

I have fished paulina before....i love it there

T
The Tightest Line
Clear Lake on the Santiam Pass for sure

T
TTFishon
Mike123 said:

I enjoyed Heart Lake a lot! Very remote... Awesome fishing!

Marion Lake was very cool but not as remote... didn't do well on the fishing there either.

Depends on what types of mountain lakes your looking for...

Which way do you go into Heart lake. Me and a buddy of mine hiked in there on one of the steepest hikes I've ever done.

M
Mike123
TTFishon said:
Which way do you go into Heart lake. Me and a buddy of mine hiked in there on one of the steepest hikes I've ever done.

We did it the SUUUUPERRR HARD way! It sucked... And I was packin waders and a float tube the whole way. My dad dislocated his knee on the way back.

There is an easier way we've taken as well.