Favorite Gear

A
ALFCFishing
Whats your favorite gear to use when Bass fishing?

Diehard
Diehard
gary yamamoto worms, spinner bait, yozuri minnow, and nightcrawler

T
troutramp
my favorite to catch bass on is a deer hair frog, because its fun. My go too is a black uv simiseal leach. But I also go to a derivitive of a diamond hair minnow called a DW minnow, and a rubber legged wolley bugger designed ( to the best of my knowlage) by charles meck called a black river bug. All thrown on a 7'10 redington predator, 6wt, with either a floating line or an intermediate.

troutdude
troutdude
Anything that works.

brandon4455
brandon4455
ive always used spinners,spinnerbaits,and crawdad imitations..and buzzbaits and poppers,mic. can't go without topwater

C
colbypearson
swimbaits and jigs

welcome to OFF

T
tomriker
Like Colby says, swimbaits and jigs! I have gone a whole summer and only thrown a jig!

R
ryan808
You know, the jig and the senko bait of confidence.

Reels: Daiwa
Rod: A non-production rod :D
Line: Sunline Shooter FC

Last edited:
G
goin4kokes
When fishing for smallmouth I have gone strictly with a small
2-3 inch rapala that looks like a brown trout. Used to fish all the rubber worms and had hundreds of them. Haven't used any since I got onto the rapala

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
most of the time I'm tossing 3" senkos, 2-3 inch rapalas or jointed rapalas, 3-4" tubes, and small jigs using ultra light tackle.

Thus far, my favorite all around rod for both largemouth and smallmouth is my 7'6" Okuma light action spin rod, and a Shimano reel spooled up with 4lb Trilene. I'd be hosed if I caught the monsters that Colby catches regularly, but for the 10" to 2lb bass I normally get with my gear - i'm more than adequate. I use the same rod for panfish, trout, and carp. Big carp are huge fun on ultra light gear - and they usually inhabit more open waters, so I can fish the light stuff more or less worry free. A 5lb bass usually lives in places that are a lot brushier, or have more cover to break me off in.

T
tomriker
dang 4 pound test? i put 50 pound braided on all my reels! lol, sure it's a little over the top but when i get snagged... i can rip my tackle out of anywhere! you should see how bent some of my hooks get, but that's what pliers are for

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
dang 4 pound test? i put 50 pound braided on all my reels! lol, sure it's a little over the top but when i get snagged... i can rip my tackle out of anywhere! you should see how bent some of my hooks get, but that's what pliers are for

Thats also where the bigguns be too! my faves besides the bait of confidence are swimbaits , and the ultimate topwater which for me is ragetail/spro frogs, mice ,and buzzbaits. got a few new topwater baits to try this year but am gonna wait to see how good they are before talkin them up.

S
sts slayer
yamamoto senko awesome baits