Favorite Fish?

Gunga
Gunga
Hey fellow OFFers. Whats your favorite fish to catch and why.

Mine so far is Bass. Iv'e only been fishing for them for about a year now but i love the thrill of looking for there little hiding spots and the good fight they put up. Plus i think they look cool to. :)

R
RunWithSasquatch
I think this will show a highly predictable trend...

T
Throbbit _Shane
Toss up between steelhead and bass

S
skunk
Goldfish

brandon4455
brandon4455
cutthroat trout ,fall chinook and smallmouth..it's a 3 wy tie! :lol:

D
Drew9870
Favorite fish to actually catch (not fish for :cool::naughty:) would be a bright Chinook/Coho for the eats, Hatchery or not (where allowed), Salmon are not a catch and release fish to me (of course, law does come into play in cases), if your gonna put them through stress might as well put them on the smoker.

Reason I say is because smoked Salmon is my favorite thing to eat, Steelhead I don't care for, but I could still live off of it, smoker they go too.

Last week and a half have been spent targeting Springers, me hunger.

RunWithSasquatch said:
I think this will show a highly predictable trend...

I think this isn't hard to catch onto, or I am in another world?

Last edited:
S
SantiamDrifter
Summer steel

B
Brookiebuster
Tuna man what a fight they give and then eastern brook on a ultra light.

M
mrlindeman
I actually love to catch crappie :) My fave will be salmon when I finaly get one lol

B
beaverfan
Small stream steelhead and salmon fishing all the way, I love the hunt!

S
Santiam338
Summer Steel cause they do this..

IMG_1649.jpg

Reactions: OnTheFly
H
Hawk
Striped Bass, Largemouth, & strippers...:lol::lol::lol:

:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance:
:cool::cool:

T
todd
i love fishing for bass by far the best, but if i could pick a fish to be fighting it would be a big salmon for sure nothing like it. but it is not that fun to fish for salmon just fighting them

Gunga
Gunga
Santiam338 said:
Summer Steel cause they do this..

IMG_1649.jpg

Wish i could catch a steel. i Havnt had any luck at all these last 10 months. I can't wait though!

brandon4455
brandon4455
actually,add sturgeon to mine. i love sturgeon too :lol:

R
rippin fish lips
I would have to say summer steelhead because they fight good! Looked for a pic of my first limit, but couldnt fine it so ill post this... my biggest steelie yet 28.5 inches.

28inchsteelheadnonet.jpg

Then next i would have to say fall chinook salmon/coho Because they be so big :D and they good eatin to... Not to mention fun to fight.

Minesstillbigger.jpg

And here is the coho we hooked up to last fall along with the 2 nooks on the same day above...

Dosfirstcoho.jpg

And by the way... The coho was (hand-landed) brought her up for a quick pic and a good release.

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
everything!!!!!!!!!! cause they all are different hunts and fight and dedication!

Troutski
Troutski
Trout

Trout

Trout, all manner of them..

ChuckGerrard 1.jpg

Reactions: beaverfan
N
nwkiller
nice fish chuck!

S
Subacca
My "successfull" salmon fishing has been in Alaska where I grew up (skunked literally every single time I've fished for anything but stocked trout in Oregon :-\ ). With that in mind Coho is my favorite fish to fish for. King Salmon are fun, they pull a lot of line and fight well enough, but they run deep, and are far and few between usually. I love going into a nice tide rip, everything all choppy and using bait with lots of action and catching a nice 17 pound wild Coho. They fight hard and leap out of the water and are a great size for fillets and steaks.