Father's Day Present

C
cavdad45
For Father's Day, I took my father-in-law on a guided walleye trip in the Columbia River. He had never seen or heard of walleye before.

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
cavdad45 said:
For Father's Day, I took my father-in-law on a guided walleye trip in the Columbia River. He had never seen or heard of walleye before.

Whoa....what a nice treat for Father's Day! Is that an average size? I have never caught a walleye. Do they fight very hard and are they good to eat?

T
Troutier Bassier
What Guide? Ed Iman?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Fatty

Fatty

cavdad45;
What a great treat! :dance: That is a nice fatty. Is it an average size for walleye? Looks like it's about 6 pounds...maybe? I bet he will be back next year. Did you have it for dinner? Congratulations,making points with dad-in-law is always good. :clap: :D
Be safe.
Barb

T
Troutier Bassier
Walleye are Fun To Catch, If you know how to catch them.

I like Trolling and Jigging for them. Your wifes Wedding ring Spinners and Large Jig heads painted Chartruse with a red End make a Great jig too.

Walleye have a Wierd vision Table. They can only see certain colors for Certain distances.

C
cavdad45
We went with Touche of FlyByNite Guide service in Rufus. We were running worm harnesses in shallow water (15-20'). The picture does not do it justice because it measured 28" and was estimate 7-8lbs.

We ate all the little ones and let him take that one home. Everyone I take with me catches the big ones and I can't break the 16" barrier. :think:

T
Troutier Bassier
Rufus is Where I go for Walleye.
Trolling and Jigging.

Did you guys go to the Rock Pit?

M
metalmania
Nice fish, looks like i need to get me a boat so I can chase em:lol:.