Faraday/North fork trip

D
dangerranger
had the day off today and headed up to faraday. According to the stocking schedule it was supposed to be stocked yesterday...... but im not sure if they did. The fishin was super slow, only one 8 incher. There was hardly anyone up there. We fished the upper end from the bridge down to where it pans out, then tried off the dam. The fishing was slow there so we headed up to north fork, it was a ghost town too, just a bunch of water skiers. We didn't catch anything up there. Tried eggs, worms, power bait, rooster tails and kastmasters, nothin. It may have been too hot.... not sure. Does anyone know where they dump the fish in at faraday? If anyone else has fished either latley im curious on how ya did!

B
beaverfan
Sucks that you couldn't get into any fish. I just checked and it hasn't been stocked yet. The date on the schedule is always a monday, all that it means is that the fish go in sometime that week.

M
madoc
dangerranger said:
had the day off today and headed up to faraday. According to the stocking schedule it was supposed to be stocked yesterday...... but im not sure if they did. The fishin was super slow, only one 8 incher. There was hardly anyone up there. We fished the upper end from the bridge down to where it pans out, then tried off the dam. The fishing was slow there so we headed up to north fork, it was a ghost town too, just a bunch of water skiers. We didn't catch anything up there. Tried eggs, worms, power bait, rooster tails and kastmasters, nothin. It may have been too hot.... not sure. Does anyone know where they dump the fish in at faraday? If anyone else has fished either latley im curious on how ya did!

There is a ramp right at the beginning of the dam wall where I believe they back the truck up to.

best fishing (that I have had) at Faraday is off of the end of the dam by the spillway. poweregg, #10 or #12 hook, #4 sinker, cast out 20 yards, let it sink, and wait.

R
Redfox458
On Saturday and Sunday I fished north fork, faraday, timber lake, clear lake, timothy, AND trillium. Out of all of those places, I saw ONE fish caught and I caught 3 crawdads. I took 5 friends that haven't been fishing in awhile, and they were very excited about catching a fish or two. I was sad for them....I'm almost getting to the desperate point. Maybe Harriet????:pray:

M
m_vang
i believe those lakes haven't been stocked for nearly or over a month now. they should be pretty dried of stockers. i think a good number of those lakes are getting stocked towards the end of august and beginning of september.
hottest fishing right now would be for steelhead. haha.
as for trout, you can go after cutthroats in streams. :dance:

N
newbiebutgoodie
I just called the ODFW stocking hotline...Faraday Lake, Estacada Lake, and NF Res. have all been stocked as of today.

S
ShdwmnkyX
They stocked the lake right after I got there today. Tons of people were pulling out six or more good sized ones by the dam. They only put in like seven hundred though. They are going to stock more next week.

R
Redfox458
I fished North Fork last night. One small hatchery fish, with lots of red dots and a large open sore. Almost got attacked by a skunk....no joke. What is going on with all of these waters? I've fished my heart out the past week and still come home empty handed. Its almost discouraging :rolleyes:

D
dangerranger
Redfox458 said:
I fished North Fork last night. One small hatchery fish, with lots of red dots and a large open sore. Almost got attacked by a skunk....no joke. What is going on with all of these waters? I've fished my heart out the past week and still come home empty handed. Its almost discouraging :rolleyes:

I know what you mean. Ive fished faraday like 5 times in the last month or so and have cought one fish. It sucks i keep taking my buddy who is just getting into fishing, he's never cought a fish before, and everyplace we try we get skunked, hopefully some cooler weather and maybe some rain will come along and maybe get rid of this severe case of lockjaw thats going around. :shock: