Fanno Creek largemouth

OREGON FISHING FORUM

troutdude

Nice incidental catch. And I'm glad that you could get out and enjoy the decent weather.

However most of the Willamette Zone streams are not open, until May 22nd. According to page 42 of the reg book. And I don't see any exceptions for either of those creeks.

So beware...game OFFicers fully EXPECT you to know the law, before you head out and drop your line.

sktamura

Trout and bass fishing are open all year long on the Tualatin river.

The Willamette zone regs for bass are:

Streams: Open during trout, salmon or steelhead seasons, except mainstem Willamette River and sloughs and tidewater areas of Columbia River tributaries downstream from Bonneville Dam are open all year.

The special regs for the Tualatin river and tributaries are:

Tualatin River and Tributaries

The following apply to open sections below: *
  • Open all year for trout. Harvest allowed May 22 – Oct 31, 2 per day, 8 inch minimum length, remainder of year catch-and-release.
* Mainstem mouth to Hwy 47 bridge at Gaston
  • Open for coho salmon Aug 1 – Oct 31.
  • Use of bait allowed.
* Mainstem above Hwy 47 bridge at Gaston and all tributaries
  • Artificial flies and lures only.
Since trout are open all year long, then bass are also open all year long.

Trout Slayer_7

Nice incidental catch. And I'm glad that you could get out and enjoy the decent weather.

However most of the Willamette Zone streams are not open, until May 22nd. According to page 42 of the reg book. And I don't see any exceptions for either of those creeks.

So beware...game OFFicers fully EXPECT you to know the law, before you head out and drop your line.
Thanks for letting me know I just picked up the regs today and will be checking before I go from now on

troutdude

You're welcome. I just didn't want to see you get cited/ticketed.

If those creeks are part of the Tualtin, then I apologize for my oversight. I only noticed the zone that they are in. Then checked for exceptions and didn't see those trib's listed. So you very well could be correct.

However the stickler would be, I believe, whether those tribs empty into the Tualitin or not. I cannot see that they connect, to the river, by looking at mapquest. From what I can see, they do not. But if they do indeed feed into the river, then you are gold.

I do see lots of lakes / ponds that you might also be able to fish in. As long as they aren't on private property, of course.

Good luck and tight lines!

Trout Slayer_7

If those creeks are part of the Tualtin, then I apologize for my oversight. I only noticed the zone that they are in. Then checked for exceptions and didn't see those trib's listed. So you very well could be correct.

However the stickler would be, I believe, whether those tribs empty into the Tualitin or not. I cannot see that they connect, to the river, by looking at mapquest. From what I can see, they do not. But if they do indeed feed into the river, then you are gold.

I do see lots of lakes / ponds that you might also be able to fish in. As long as they aren't on private property, of course.

What ponds are you looking at hit a couple along fanno creek just south of greenway park go skunked

troutdude

I was just looking at mapquest, all round that area, to see if the creeks connected to the river.

bass

Most Featured

Fanno creek dumps into the Tualatin river in Durham city park. It is easy to see in Google maps.

bass

Most Featured
Guess I shouldn't have relied only on mapquest. DOH! o_O:eek::oops:

Thank you Mr. @bass
I also should admit that I know that Fanno dumps in because I have fished the spot where Fanno dumps into the big T. You can get close to it from a walking path in Durham City Park and with a kayak I have actually gone up Fanno a short way. There are some surprisingly deep little holes near the mouth.

Top Bottom