Fall salmon jig swap

brandon4455
brandon4455
With fish fast approaching and holding at the river mouths we are about ready to kick off what looks to be another amazing fall chinook season on the coast.
Last year for me when bobber fishing i caught all but one fish on jigs.Chinook,coho,chum,and even one oddball pink salmon. IT is pretty much my go to now,because when the fish see eggs or shrimp or tuna belly a million times they really like something different, and it's less messy,plus catchign a fish on something you made is that much more rewarding..

Im beginning to tie my stock for this upcoming fall season and was wondering if anyone would like to participate in a fall salmon jig swap. We aren't talking little 1/0 steelhead jigs (though ive caught salmon with those) im talking big beefy fluffy and flashy.

not sure what to limit the number of participants at but trying to keep it under a dozen,maybe 10 if we can.Since jigs aren't cheap these days lets say one jig per person, unless the number of participants is under 8,in which case we could do 2 a piece.

if you are in or interested, Just chime in!

D
Dizle
I don't tie yet unfortunately, but I'd be willing to buy some salmon jigs and send those in a swap, if it would be ok, if not I understand

Chromatose
Chromatose
Dizle, there is a plethora of information on how to tie jigs, why not take this opportunity to buy a vice and a assortment of feathers and thread and tie some up.

Good Luck with the swap!

J
JeannaJigs
I might be in. Depends on what happens when I get back from Montana. 5/0 jig hooks are not cheap so that may limit some people.

M
Modest_Man
Hey Brandon, I'll swap a few with you if you want.