Fall run question.

O
Outdoor_Myers
When does the fall run hit the Willamette? My birthday is in the middle of september and I would love to catch a salmon before or on my bday! any tips would be lovely! I have access south of dayton to wheatland ferry!

B
beaverfan
I know some guys who troll the Willy near the mouth of the Yamhill for Coho, I have no idea if there's bank access but if so you might give there a try. As far as what to use and timing, I'll leave that for someone from the area.

T
Thuggin4Life
Just go to the coast and hit up tidewater. why wait?

P
perfectg03
I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure the fall fish dont make their way into the willamette.

P
perfectg03
Anymore at least, i haven't heard on anyone fishing the lower willamette for fall fish since the 80's.

O
Outdoor_Myers
Thuggin4Life said:
Just go to the coast and hit up tidewater. why wait?

because I no longer have a car or know where to go and no fishing buddy to go with :p /cry

B
beaverfan
Ya the Coho's go over! They go up the Tualatin, Molalla, and Yamhill Rivers. Probably more too. There are no hatchery Coho above the falls though but you can still keep them. Last year it was 3 a day.

T
Thuggin4Life
bummer i'll to take you out for springers next year since i drive right past you.

R
Rascal
they also run up the clack so they should go through the willy

W
wormosa
perfectg03 said:
Anymore at least, i haven't heard on anyone fishing the lower willamette for fall fish since the 80's.
mistaken ... there is a good run on coho's there

B
bigfootfish
O
Outdoor_Myers
thanks looks like i might have to find a way to the costal rivers if im to catch a salmon before my bday lol